WBAunofficial
Old Trafford - Printable Version

+- WBAunofficial (http://www.wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAunofficial (http://www.wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: WBAunofficial (http://www.wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Old Trafford (/showthread.php?tid=14513)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Old Trafford - Beano16 - 04-16-2018

Yesterday was the first time I have been and not sat with the away supporters, I was shocked at just how
the place has become almost a tourist attraction that lacks atmosphere and tough it must be for genuine
supporters who want to try and get behind the side.

I don't think I have ever seen so many taking selfies of each other before and at certain points in the game
and the constant flow of people during the game to buy food and drink was bizarre.   

Credit to our away following by the way, loud and proud and loved the "we won you the league" chant was
brilliant and had quite a number of the MUFC lot around me laughing.

RE: Old Trafford - Baggie66 - 04-16-2018

Half and half scarves AOTS

Can't understand how the sellers make any money, a lot of these scarves have the date on them so its not like they can ever sell them again. As we walked out they had loads left.

RE: Old Trafford - KratosBaggie - 04-16-2018

Strange, as their away support is class.

RE: Old Trafford - Kit Kat chunky - 04-16-2018

I've been in the "home" section as a guest on many occasions. They are tolerant of away fans in the SAF stand, as long as they are not being complete arseholes. They will talk to you openly, and exchange sensible views.

I contrast this to a foreign Chelsea fan, who was extracted by me in the East Stand this year. A fellow baggie singled him out and complained, because he had a blue shirt on under his jacket, and was texting a mate in the Chelsea end. He was ejected. He wasn't causing trouble to anyone, and was minding his own business.

We may have led the way on racial integration, but when it comes to fan integration we are stuck in the 1970's.

RE: Old Trafford - Hopalong - 04-16-2018

(04-16-2018, 10:42 AM)KratosBaggie Wrote: Strange, as their away support is class.

Yeah but those 3-5k are the hard-core of their support. 

Half the 75k are just tourists/glory-hunters.  I bet half the cunts had never even heard of us or know where we're from. 

What a magnificent performance, fucked them good and proper yet again.  That's 3 times in 5 years!  Unbelievable. 

You could almost see it on Fergie's face as he recalled the horrors of the 5-5 'not little West Brom again - the cunts'.  Big Grin

RE: Old Trafford - Mancbaggie - 04-16-2018

(04-16-2018, 10:45 AM)Kit Kat chunky Wrote: I've been in the "home" section as a guest on many occasions. They are tolerant of away fans in the SAF stand, as long as they are not being complete arseholes. They will talk to you openly, and exchange sensible views.

Their older fans are fairly knowledgeable and remember our 70s/ 80s team with fondness.  Regularly used to beat them at the Hawthorns - up to about 84/85.

Still a great place to go to and win, incredible we went 35 years/ so many visits without a win - then 3 in 5 years.

(04-16-2018, 10:47 AM)Hopalong Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 10:42 AM)KratosBaggie Wrote: Strange, as their away support is class.

Half the 75k are just tourists/glory-hunters.  I bet half the cunts had never even heard of us or know where we're from. 

What a magnificent performance, fucked them good and proper yet again.  That's 3 times in 5 years!  Unbelievable. 

You could almost see it on Fergie's face as he recalled the horrors of the 5-5 'not little West Brom again - the cunts'.  Big Grin

I've been in the away Smethwick end with Man United supporters, when we played them in the League Cup in 2003. 

My business associate (a mancunian) bought tickets for the game (at a hefty premium) thinking it was hospitality, but it was just a seat in the Smethwick.

From the off it was clear I was a West Brom fan, and whilst I wasn't making it obvious by waving a scarf, we had some good craik with the Man U fans and we parted as friends. I can't see a Man U fan being made that welcome anywhere in our ground. We are amongst the worst in the country for singling out away fans, purely for who they are.

I would like to see us introduce a neutral zone, like there is at Fulham, but sadly it will never happen. Too many narrow minded West Brom fans on this subject for me.

RE: Old Trafford - Beano16 - 04-16-2018

(04-16-2018, 10:45 AM)Kit Kat chunky Wrote: I've been in the "home" section as a guest on many occasions. They are tolerant of away fans in the SAF stand, as long as they are not being complete arseholes. They will talk to you openly, and exchange sensible views.

We were sat in the SAF stand and only struck up conversations when we were confident that we would not be
preyed upon by the stewards. The few that we could talk with openly were quite friendly and not at all hostile
towards us, in point of fact more hostile to those who claimed to be red and were clearly were not that bothered
about the game on the day and more into the "experience"

On the way out, a few wished the club well for next season and actually said that they wished some of their
current side showed the attitude of the WBA players on the day.

Result apart, cant say I enjoyed the visit especially the lack of leg room and the countless flights of stairs to
get to the seating level.

RE: Old Trafford - CA Baggie - 04-16-2018

(04-16-2018, 10:56 AM)Kit Kat chunky Wrote:

I've been in the away Smethwick end with Man United supporters, when we played them in the League Cup in 2003. 

My business associate (a mancunian) bought tickets for the game (at a hefty premium) thinking it was hospitality, but it was just a seat in the Smethwick.

From the off it was clear I was a West Brom fan, and whilst I wasn't making it obvious by waving a scarf, we had some good craik with the Man U fans and we parted as friends. I can't see a Man U fan being made that welcome anywhere in our ground. We are amongst the worst in the country for singling out away fans, purely for who they are.

I would like to see us introduce a neutral zone, like there is at Fulham, but sadly it will never happen. Too many narrow minded West Brom fans on this subject for me.

We're a relatively friendly bunch and rarely get trouble - compare us to Wolves or Blues as a set of fans.

We do have a thing about away fans in the home end though.  It shouldn't be done and if you do it - sit on your hands and keep your mouth shut.  I've personally done it at a few grounds and no one outside of who I was with would have known.

As for a neutral zone - the gentrification of football hasn't spread that far yet thankfully.  It's a them and us culture and what gives football grounds the atmosphere, the downside is that occasionally with certain clubs it creates trouble. 

As for your Chelsea friend - he deserved to be kicked out.  In the home end in a Chelsea top?  Nah.

(04-16-2018, 11:30 AM)CA Baggie Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 10:56 AM)Kit Kat chunky Wrote:

We're a relatively friendly bunch and rarely get trouble - compare us to Wolves or Blues as a set of fans.

We do have a thing about away fans in the home end though.  It shouldn't be done and if you do it - sit on your hands and keep your mouth shut.  I've personally done it at a few grounds and no one outside of who I was with would have known.

As for a neutral zone - the gentrification of football hasn't spread that far yet thankfully.  It's a them and us culture and what gives football grounds the atmosphere, the downside is that occasionally with certain clubs it creates trouble. 

As for your Chelsea friend - he deserved to be kicked out.  In the home end in a Chelsea top?  Nah.
Firstly - he wasn't my friend. Never met him before, or since.

Secondly there was a great sense of injustice from fellow baggies, and the "big mouthed tosser" who reported him was almost lynched on the way out - and rightly so.

The guy was minding his own business, and I'm ashamed that our fans always act in this way to quiet innocent fans. We are a fucking embarrassment. Compare this to Beanos experience yesterday. We aren't grown up, we are children in the playground on this subject.