WBAunofficial
Steve Coppell - Printable Version

+- WBAunofficial (http://www.wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAunofficial (http://www.wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: WBAunofficial (http://www.wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Steve Coppell (/showthread.php?tid=15121)

Steve Coppell - Hopalong - 05-16-2018

As I walking from Coulsdon South along the High Street looking for Coulsdon Town station I asked this bloke coming out of Waitrose for directions.  

As I got up closer I recognised it was Steve Coppell.    We exchanged pleasantries and he wished us well.  Really nice friendly bloke.  

I did ask him if he was going to the game and he just laughed a little dismissively.

RE: Steve Coppell - UCEbaggie - 05-16-2018

(05-16-2018, 03:10 PM)Hopalong Wrote: As I walking from Coulsdon South along the High Street looking for Coulsdon Town station I asked this bloke coming out of Waitrose for directions.  

As I got up closer I recognised it was Steve Coppell.    We exchanged pleasantries and he wished us well.  Really nice friendly bloke.  

I did ask him if he was going to the game and he just laughed a little dismissively.

You should go on the after dinner circuit.

RE: Steve Coppell - TheUnit - 05-16-2018

(05-16-2018, 03:21 PM)UCEbaggie Wrote:
(05-16-2018, 03:10 PM)Hopalong Wrote: As I walking from Coulsdon South along the High Street looking for Coulsdon Town station I asked this bloke coming out of Waitrose for directions.  

Arf!

RE: Steve Coppell - CA Baggie - 05-16-2018

Which game?

RE: Steve Coppell - Sw4Baggie - 05-16-2018

I'm surprised he lasted for the whole conversation and didn't go off with stress half way through it...

RE: Steve Coppell - Hopalong - 05-16-2018

(05-16-2018, 03:30 PM)CA Baggie Wrote:

Which game?

Palace.

(05-16-2018, 03:21 PM)UCEbaggie Wrote:

Do you think?  Would you be my agent?

RE: Steve Coppell - Jezstatham - 05-16-2018

Only ex footballers and the like can afford waitrose prices.about £4.50 for a box of cornflakes

RE: Steve Coppell - Toby Jugg - 05-16-2018

(05-16-2018, 03:45 PM)Sw4Baggie Wrote: I'm surprised he lasted for the whole conversation and didn't go off with stress half way through it...

Big Grin

RE: Steve Coppell - Hopalong - 05-16-2018

(05-16-2018, 06:57 PM)Jezstatham Wrote: Only ex footballers and the like can afford waitrose prices.about £4.50 for a box of cornflakes

It's not expensive if you hunt out the bargains.  Have you been recently?