WBAUnofficial
Nailing his colours to the mast - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Nailing his colours to the mast (/showthread.php?tid=15583)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Nailing his colours to the mast - Duffers - 02-09-2021

(02-09-2021, 02:55 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 02:08 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Apparently Grady has been reluctant to come back because of his continuing hamstring injuries.

Slightly different to flat out refusing to play.
It sounds like he doesn't want to push himself that's why the term he is being a pussy. Some people just have bollocks some don't I suppose.

Is it a question of bollocks or not wanting to risk fucking up your entire career?

RE: Nailing his colours to the mast - The liquidator - 02-09-2021

He gets paid to play if the physios say he is fit with all the science he should be fit probably all in his head.

RE: Nailing his colours to the mast - wbamitch - 02-09-2021

Either way it's not a case of that he never wants to play for us again as its been spun

RE: Nailing his colours to the mast - Dumbo - 02-09-2021

(02-09-2021, 03:12 PM)wbamitch Wrote: Either way it's not a case of that he never wants to play for us again as its been spun

Exactly.

RE: Nailing his colours to the mast - ElbowGrease1973 - 02-09-2021

Tricky one - I'd be interested to understand what Grady wants? Does he want an operation, a second opinion, is he looking for a different training / recovery plan?

Clearly the player needs to be comfortable and confident in their physical state in order to play, but the medical experts also need to be respected too. Presumably there will be scans that prove there's no tear or damage. Perhaps it's a psychological issue which he needs help with instead?

Either way, it's not like he's downing tools, as I first thought, and it's a long way from being at the Ellington bruised toe level. Hopefully he'll be back soon, as we need all the squad to contribute, and sometimes you need players to play through the pain barrier.

RE: Nailing his colours to the mast - The liquidator - 02-09-2021

(02-09-2021, 03:12 PM)wbamitch Wrote: Either way it's not a case of that he never wants to play for us again as its been spun

You either want to play or you don't it's not a hard decision if this is all true...... Has anyone seen that his hamstring is playing up???

RE: Nailing his colours to the mast - wbamitch - 02-09-2021

(02-09-2021, 03:38 PM)The liquidator Wrote:

You either want to play or you don't it's not a hard decision if this is all true...... Has anyone seen that his hamstring is playing up???

I get what you're saying and I don't doubt what you've been told. But IMO there's a big difference between not wanting to rush back after a string of similar injuries and saying you effectively don't want to be at the club anymore. Time will tell I guess, but until it's confirmed I won't be jumping on giving him abuse.

RE: Nailing his colours to the mast - Kit Kat Chunky - 02-09-2021

(02-09-2021, 02:55 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 02:08 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Apparently Grady has been reluctant to come back because of his continuing hamstring injuries.

Slightly different to flat out refusing to play.
It sounds like he doesn't want to push himself that's why the term he is being a pussy. Some people just have bollocks some don't I suppose.

He will be the same every winter as the last 2.

RE: Nailing his colours to the mast - TETLEY74 - 02-09-2021

(02-09-2021, 01:13 PM)The liquidator Wrote: No worries mate.

(02-09-2021, 12:43 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 12:34 PM)The liquidator Wrote: He doesn't want to be here.....  Acting like a pussy was a statement.

Acting like a pussy how? 

There’s more to this than him just refusing to play because some random bloke on Twitter said so.
It's not some random bloke on twitter who said it dumbo.... Trust me on this pal
You obviously trust your source Liq and to be honest I don't think Grady has looked happy since he came back from injury and lock down not sure what it was but just didn't have that spark or attitude we saw earlier in that season.

RE: Nailing his colours to the mast - Dumbo - 02-09-2021

(02-09-2021, 03:38 PM)The liquidator Wrote:

It’s not that simple though. The guy has had two long term hamstring injury lay offs. If he’s still not feeling 100% behind it, I get his stance. He’s managing his hamstrings to avoid another long lay off.

Have you seen that his hamstrings are not playing up? I think the player would know.