WBAunofficial
Nyom - Printable Version

+- WBAunofficial (http://www.wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAunofficial (http://www.wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: WBAunofficial (http://www.wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nyom (/showthread.php?tid=16190)

Nyom - Lightnin - 07-12-2018

Someone has asked him if he's staying on his instagram and he's replied with a "shrugging" emoji.

It's promoted rumours that he's going to be off with Celtic mentioned as one potential destination, what we reckon? About £5m?

RE: Nyom - Solihull Throstle - 07-12-2018

(07-12-2018, 11:07 AM)Lightnin Wrote: Someone has asked him if he's staying on his instagram and he's replied with a "shrugging" emoji.

It's promoted rumours that he's going to be off with Celtic mentioned as one potential destination, what we reckon? About £5m?

Not sure we can find that much. Hopefully they'll just take him without asking for any money.

RE: Nyom - Psalm23 - 07-12-2018

(07-12-2018, 11:07 AM)Lightnin Wrote: Someone has asked him if he's staying on his instagram and he's replied with a "shrugging" emoji.

We actually discussed this yesterday, as I said yesterday, what do people expect him to say, "Yes, No, mind yer own fucking business" just shows how the tinternet promotes rumours.

Nyom

RE: Nyom - Kit Kat chunky - 07-12-2018

Celtic Wage bill is £52M. He has a long contract left with us. Can't see them paying a fee for a 30 year old full back with a c£40K per week for the next 3 years (with zero resale value), which is what they would have to do to make it lucrative.

Given he is on good wages and 30 years old (and let's face it, not that good), I would cash in, if we were allowed to put the transfer fee in the kitty. He is worthless in 2 years time when his contract runs out at 32 years old.

RE: Nyom - Lightnin - 07-12-2018

(07-12-2018, 11:18 AM)Psalm23 Wrote:

We actually discussed this yesterday, as I said yesterday, what do people expect him to say, "Yes, No, mind yer own fucking business" just shows how the tinternet promotes rumours.

Nyom

Sorry, didn't see it yesterday. I agree with you though in that I'm not sure what he's meant to say. If he says he's staying and then goes he'll get grief and if he says he doesn't want to stay he'll get grief. Can't win so might as well just say nothing.

I think today will be a slow news day on stuff following the result last night as everyone recovers back to their negative normal selves. (not directed at you)

RE: Nyom - wba_go_boing - 07-12-2018

Has he turned up for pre season yet?

RE: Nyom - albion_pigeon - 07-12-2018

(07-12-2018, 11:18 AM)Kit Kat chunky Wrote:

Celtic Wage bill is £52M. He has a long contract left with us. Can't see them paying a fee for a 30 year old full back with a  c£40K per week for the next 3 years (with zero resale value), which is what they would have to do to make it lucrative.

Given he is on good wages and 30 years old (and let's face it, not that good), I would cash in, if we were allowed to put the transfer fee in the kitty. He is worthless in 2 years time when his contract runs out at 32 years old.

Big Dave will have to line up at the back for us at this rate.

RE: Nyom - Squid - 07-12-2018

(07-12-2018, 12:15 PM)wba_go_boing Wrote: Has he turned up for pre season yet?

He's been there throughout, always looks like he's suffering through it, but he was like that last season.

RE: Nyom - Sw4Baggie - 07-12-2018

(07-12-2018, 11:18 AM)Kit Kat chunky Wrote:

Celtic Wage bill is £52M. He has a long contract left with us. Can't see them paying a fee for a 30 year old full back with a  c£40K per week for the next 3 years (with zero resale value), which is what they would have to do to make it lucrative.

I think some of the numbers there are overly elaborate.

He cost us £3m, which I'd imagine has been paid in full meaning he's effectively costing us nothing from FFP. His wages will definitely not be £40k in the Championship, as he wont have been on £80k/wk in the PL.

I'd see it that we have a player more than good enough at his level who is on relatively low wages compared to a prospective replacement, and we don't really need to recoup a fee on. 

Signing players for £3-4m who you get 3-4 years service out of and then allow to leave for a nominal fee is perfectly fine for a club like us. It's when we start paying £10m+ for players in their late-20s at peak value the problems begin.

RE: Nyom - Ted Maul - 07-12-2018

(07-12-2018, 01:21 PM)Squid Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 12:15 PM)wba_go_boing Wrote: Has he turned up for pre season yet?

He's been there throughout, always looks like he's suffering through it, but he was like that last season.

Was going to say, I've had to suffer watching him pretend to be a footballer for two seasons.