WBAUnofficial
RUGBY - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: RUGBY (/showthread.php?tid=16233)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: RUGBY - Ministry Of Silly Signings - 03-21-2021

(03-21-2021, 10:30 AM)Solihull Throstle Wrote:
(03-21-2021, 10:22 AM)TETLEY74 Wrote: Nice to see the welsh denied the grand slam imagine how unbearable they would have been bit like that lot down the road  Angel

Yes.....because the Welsh are such an arrogant race compared to the English  Huh

Find the Welsh to be just as arrogant as any other race to be honest.

RE: RUGBY - Borin' Baggie - 03-21-2021

(03-21-2021, 10:35 AM)Jack Halford Wrote: Sol, just try going to some of our wonderful local rugby clubs round Warwickshire, Solihull and there a a real mix of boys playing. Same as any cricket club round here.

Eh? The rugby clubs round here are middle class as fuck.

RE: RUGBY - Jack Halford - 03-21-2021

(03-21-2021, 03:05 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(03-21-2021, 10:35 AM)Jack Halford Wrote: Sol, just try going to some of our wonderful local rugby clubs round Warwickshire, Solihull and there a a real mix of boys playing. Same as any cricket club round here.

So all the players are middle class are they. If you read what I said there is a mix of boys playing.

11 years of travelling round here with my lad playing football, rugby and cricket shows this.

Is Camp Hill middle class? Old Yardleians, Bedworth, Nuneaton, Birmingham & Solihull. It’s not all Range Rovers.... and that’s the point I was making to anti-rugby Sol.

RE: RUGBY - Derek Hardballs - 03-21-2021

Warwickshire and Solihull? Hardly working class areas but saying that Wednesbury has a Rugby club with the tallest posts in the world allegedly.

RE: RUGBY - Borin' Baggie - 03-21-2021

(03-21-2021, 04:07 PM)Jack Halford Wrote:

So all the players are middle class are they. If you read what I said there is a mix of boys playing.

11 years of travelling round here with my lad playing football, rugby and cricket shows this.

Is Camp Hill middle class? Old Yardleians, Bedworth, Nuneaton, Birmingham & Solihull. It’s not all Range Rovers.... and that’s the point I was making to anti-rugby Sol.

I used to play for Old Coventrians and C&NW CC, I used to play cricket and rugby all over the West Mids and Warks. Though cricket was a lot more of a mix, especially playing against the clubs in Brum or other clubs in Cov, whenever we played rugby it was predominantly middle class and there was a stark contrast compared to when we played Welsh teams who were predominantly working class. It might have changed recently  but I'm not particularly very old so I'd be surprised if it had.

RE: RUGBY - Jack Halford - 03-21-2021

(03-21-2021, 04:18 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(03-21-2021, 04:07 PM)Jack Halford Wrote:

I used to play for Old Coventrians and C&NW CC, I used to play cricket and rugby all over the West Mids and Warks. Though cricket was a lot more of a mix, especially playing against the clubs in Brum or other clubs in Cov, whenever we played rugby it was predominantly middle class and there was a stark contrast compared to when we played Welsh teams who were predominantly working class. It might have changed recently  but I'm not particularly very old so I'd be surprised if it had.

I’ll admit that Rugby is far more middle class than Football. I played Rugby/Football at school, uni but a knackered shoulder stopped the Rugby. Carried on football in the The Kiddy and Stourport Sunday League .
Old Coventrians has a great set up.

In the 11 years my son has been playing (Claverdon) the popularity of mini and junior Rugby has grown enormously which is great to see. 

The Welsh teams are still predominantly working class from the tours and tournaments we have been to.

It’s a great game tho and the social side is streets ahead of football for the youngsters.

Agree 100% about cricket and one of the few team sports you can play when old and knackered against and with your kids.

RE: RUGBY - Ossian - 03-21-2021

I played cricket; not to a high standard, just local club/parks cricket level.

I never had as much fun from any other sport as I did from cricket .