WBAUnofficial
Sour beers - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Sour beers (/showthread.php?tid=16249)

Pages: 1 2

Sour beers - Solihull Throstle - 03-21-2021

I love my real ale and craft beers, especially the really hoppy ones.
I just can't get my head around these sours though.
Tried a few and have found almost all of them truly shite.
Anybody on here like them? An I missing something?

RE: Sour beers - Hopalong - 03-21-2021

(03-21-2021, 12:57 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote: I love my real ale and craft beers, especially the really hoppy ones.
I just can't get my head around these sours though.
Tried a few and have found almost all of them truly shite.
Anybody on here like them? An I missing something?

No,  but looking forward to a pint of Citra Sol.

RE: Sour beers - Birdman1811 - 03-21-2021

Not tried them but sound awful.

RE: Sour beers - TETLEY74 - 03-21-2021

Agreed dont like sour beers ,give me  hoppy, malty or good old fashioned bitter anyday.

RE: Sour beers - GunsOfNavarone - 03-21-2021

Whilst I enjoy real ales and craft beers some of the latter are utter swill. Marketing masterpiece where drinkers have allowed themselves to be conned into paying more for the luxury of drinking piss from small cans.

RE: Sour beers - Midget In A Pinstripe Suit - 03-21-2021

Had a freebie beer52 delivery I’ve been working through. The James beer was pretty unusual and not something I’d have again, but the tiny rebel key lime lager was particularly nice. The can looks like a soft drink, but tastes delicious. Deff one for a hot day and a bbq.

RE: Sour beers - Salter Spring - 03-21-2021

Not for me either, a totally different style but one I find just as rank is a smoked Porter which I recently tried, it was the only time I’ve ended up tipping perfectly good ale down the sink, tasted like someone had liquified that Bavarian smoked cheese, terrible stuff.

On the opposite end of the spectrum to the sour beer are these high abv sickly sweet desert like stouts, how anyone manages a full can is beyond me, far too sweet...

RE: Sour beers - Solihull Throstle - 03-21-2021

(03-21-2021, 01:12 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Not tried them but sound awful.

Imagine a cheap can of beer poured into a glass of Haribo tangfastic.

RE: Sour beers - SW4Baggie - 03-21-2021

(03-21-2021, 01:20 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote: Had a freebie beer52 delivery I’ve been working through. The James beer was pretty unusual and not something I’d have again, but the tiny rebel key lime lager was particularly nice. The can looks like a soft drink, but tastes delicious. Deff one for a hot day and a bbq.

Tiny rebel do some lovely beers, so not surprised to hear that. 

Had to give up on things like Beer52 as there was always a couple of diabolical sours or vanilla stouts - or 2.5% Frontier “table beers” padding out the case making the ones I actually enjoyed seem very expensive.

RE: Sour beers - ChamonixBaggie - 03-21-2021

I'm convinced they're a joke being played on us by the breweries. Sour or lambic beers are growing in popularity on the continent for reasons I can't fathom. They're gross.

Most 'craft' distilleries seem to be in an arms race to see who can make the most bitter liquid possible, and have never heard of a beer that isn't an IPA.

I miss real ale Sad