WBAUnofficial
The Fosun Bubble... - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: The Fosun Bubble... (/showthread.php?tid=16585)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

The Fosun Bubble... - SW4Baggie - 04-07-2021

Sounds like it’s ready to go pop?

Media reports suggest Fosun will be substantially scaling back their investment into the W*lves and that Neto, Neves and Traore are all available for transfer to bring some cash in.

Sounds like Mendes wants some of his cash back.

RE: The Fosun Bubble... - UCEbaggie - 04-07-2021

Get in!!!

RE: The Fosun Bubble... - Dumbo - 04-07-2021

(04-07-2021, 12:04 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Sounds like it’s ready to go pop?

Media reports suggest Fosun will be substantially scaling back their investment into the W*lves and that Neto, Neves and Traore are all available for transfer to bring some cash in.

Sounds like Mendes wants some of his cash back.

It was always going to end in tears. Scruffy bastards.

RE: The Fosun Bubble... - Psalm23 - 04-07-2021

Shame, still they should get a decent return on Traore, providing they sell him by the kilo.

RE: The Fosun Bubble... - richbaggie - 04-07-2021

Been having a conversation with Wolves fans on twitter about this. Wolves fans commenting about Fosun needing to sell up. But who to? It's the same problem we face and the reason why I am not in the get Lai out of the club by any means group. Unless there is someone out there willing to pump vast amounts of their own money in for no financial return, purely for hobby type purposes, I am hugely wary. And let's face it, they are going to be very much a rarity.

Self sustainability is fine with me, as long as we put much better plans in place around scouting and youth development.

RE: The Fosun Bubble... - backsidebaggie - 04-07-2021

(04-07-2021, 12:22 PM)richbaggie Wrote: Been having a conversation with Wolves fans on twitter about this. Wolves fans commenting about Fosun needing to sell up. But who to? It's the same problem we face and the reason why I am not in the get Lai out of the club by any means group. Unless there is someone out there willing to pump vast amounts of their own money in for no financial return, purely for hobby type purposes, I am hugely wary. And let's face it,  they are going to be very much a rarity.

Self sustainability is fine with me, as long as we put much better plans in place around scouting and youth development.

Spot on. The only clubs who have had significant investment and not gone tits up are where it’s a hobby for the owner, and they simply don’t want the money back ever. Basically Chelsea and Man City.

RE: The Fosun Bubble... - DemonicBaggie - 04-07-2021

But but but they weren't going to waste 8 years in the Prem like their neighbours, they were going to dominate it and build a 60k capacity stadium before marching triumphantly to European glory.....
Arftastic!

RE: The Fosun Bubble... - Sliced - 04-07-2021

(04-07-2021, 12:29 PM)DemonicBaggie Wrote: But but but they weren't going to waste 8 years in the Prem like their neighbours, they were going to dominate it and build a 60k capacity stadium before marching triumphantly to European glory.....
Arftastic!

Does this mean the Ronaldo deal is off?

Edit: Don't worry it's fine, I've just read on twitter they are going to get 150 million for Neves, Neto and Traore Big Grin

RE: The Fosun Bubble... - Peachy - 04-07-2021

(04-07-2021, 12:22 PM)richbaggie Wrote: Been having a conversation with Wolves fans on twitter about this. Wolves fans commenting about Fosun needing to sell up. But who to? It's the same problem we face and the reason why I am not in the get Lai out of the club by any means group. Unless there is someone out there willing to pump vast amounts of their own money in for no financial return, purely for hobby type purposes, I am hugely wary. And let's face it,  they are going to be very much a rarity.

Bob on Rich.

(04-07-2021, 12:25 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:

Spot on. The only clubs who have had significant investment and not gone tits up are where it’s a hobby for the owner, and they simply don’t want the money back ever. Basically Chelsea and Man City.

And Coates at Stoke. Yet despite his vast fortunes (his missus just paid herself £400m+) and clear love of the club even he's not stupid enough to throw too much at them.

Self sustainability is the only way for clubs like ours. Even more reason to start bringing our talented youngsters through.

RE: The Fosun Bubble... - Kit Kat Chunky - 04-07-2021

Front page of the FT last week. Chinese government putting pressure on their banks to scale back lending, due to risk of Chinese property market collapsing. I would think Lai is under pressure as well.