WBAUnofficial
Kids football - advice required! - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Kids football - advice required! (/showthread.php?tid=16635)

Pages: 1 2 3

Kids football - advice required! - UCEbaggie - 04-10-2021

My u12’s move up to 11 a side next season. I’m quite drawn to playing 3 at the back and am aware there is a whole FA coaching module on playing a back three that I’m yet to do! Anyone play with a three and anything that you could direct me to that helps re: coaching/learning to play that way. Thanks on advance

RE: Kids football - advice required! - Derek Hardballs - 04-10-2021

I said midfield diamond! What are you playing at Billy ffs you’re 10 now ffs!

RE: Kids football - advice required! - UCEbaggie - 04-10-2021

(04-10-2021, 01:16 PM):DDerek Hardballs Wrote: I said midfield diamond! What are you playing at Billy ffs you’re 10 now ffs!

Big Grin

RE: Kids football - advice required! - Black Lake Victoria - 04-10-2021

(04-10-2021, 01:05 PM)UCEbaggie Wrote: My u12’s move up to 11 a side next season. I’m quite drawn to playing 3 at the back and am aware there is a whole FA coaching module on playing a back three that I’m yet to do! Anyone play with a three and anything that you could direct me to that helps re: coaching/learning to play that way. Thanks on advance

Sit deep and don't let the ball bounce in midfield and you'll be fine.....seriously play a system to develop your players, even if you need to sacrifice results; you'll see the benefit at u15's/u16's (you need a decent set of parents to do this though)

RE: Kids football - advice required! - Fido - 04-10-2021

(04-10-2021, 04:53 PM)Black Lake Victoria Wrote:
(04-10-2021, 01:05 PM)UCEbaggie Wrote: My u12’s move up to 11 a side next season. I’m quite drawn to playing 3 at the back and am aware there is a whole FA coaching module on playing a back three that I’m yet to do! Anyone play with a three and anything that you could direct me to that helps re: coaching/learning to play that way. Thanks on advance

Sit deep and don't let the ball bounce in midfield and you'll be fine.....seriously play a system to develop your players, even if you need to sacrifice results; you'll see the benefit at u15's/u16's (you need a decent set of parents to do this though)

Agree with the sit deep method. Over half the goals come from balls over the top!

RE: Kids football - advice required! - Mr vertical - 04-10-2021

My lad's side (u16) still sit fairly deep but they can play out now - it just needs them to trust each other and for the parents to understand. They used to concede a few goals from ordinary sides that had quick forwards before the current coach started with us. 1st game back tomorrow - very much looking forward to it.

RE: Kids football - advice required! - Bristolbion - 04-10-2021

Don’t always play it out. If the opposition know what you’re going to do every time, they’ll hound your players and they will in turn lose confidence. Sometimes go long or diagonal and leave the opposition guessing

RE: Kids football - advice required! - Black Lake Victoria - 04-10-2021

(04-10-2021, 06:08 PM)Bristolbion Wrote: Don’t always play it out. If the opposition know what you’re going to do every time, they’ll hound your players and they will in turn lose confidence. Sometimes go long or diagonal and leave the opposition guessing

Nothing wrong with a long ball, when it's the right ball.

RE: Kids football - advice required! - coxy134 - 04-10-2021

I was assistant coach for a few seasons. Took a couple of training sessions before a big cup match with a very good top division side.
I set them up in training with the whole team sitting back and defending Pulis style while a few of our better attacking players and myself attacked, they all knew what they were to do and if they got the ball either played it up the line or played it straight to a player who was free.

We werent the best team skill wise but expected a thrashing in that cup game. We didnt we lost 2-1 and the lads did exactly how we had drilled in training, only in the last 10 mins did they lose concentration and concede the second. The lads loved the fact they werent thrashed and said it was the best training sessions because they werent jogging around the pitch, standing in line waiting to shoot at an empty net etc.
Did I get to continue the training sessions? No, another parent starting to take over (who thought netball was a good training drill) and I was slowly pushed out.

Good look on moving to 11aside by the way we always struggled for numbers.

RE: Kids football - advice required! - ferencpuskas - 04-11-2021

Forget it, play the best players in the positions they enjoy playing in, in a loose 4.4.2 and let them find and enjoy their game. Most will have either packed in or gone on to something else in a few years time anyway!