WBAunofficial
Tactics - Printable Version

+- WBAunofficial (http://www.wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAunofficial (http://www.wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: WBAunofficial (http://www.wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Tactics (/showthread.php?tid=17707)

Pages: 1 2

Tactics - aj21 - 09-14-2018

Sadly that is one of the most tactically inept managerial performances I’ve ever seen. How can you watch us play in that formation, see that the ball is not getting anywhere near our midfield, see the defender struggling to pass the ball, see blues leave men in our half cos they are getting it back so quick, see that your front men aren’t getting a sniff and just sit and watch. 

I absolutely love big Dave but him and his coaching staff need to seriously look at themselves and work out how they can have an impact on games.

RE: Tactics - Captainmarvel - 09-14-2018

We have JRod, Barnes, Gayle and Phillips, yet we cannot muster a midfield that can pass to them......BD could throw away the best chance we may have if ever returning

RE: Tactics - igorbalis - 09-14-2018

if players cant pass to each other tactics are neither here nor there. Hopefully just a 'bad day at the office' after the international break, roll on Tuesady.

Tony Brown was saying he's never sen us give the ball away so often - therein lies the problem BD is trying to create a system that relies on passing it out from the back, but if you cant pass then it all falls apart pretty quickly -

But I saw the beginings of something against Stoke, keep the faith.

RE: Tactics - aj21 - 09-14-2018

(09-14-2018, 09:53 PM)igorbalis Wrote: if players cant pass to each other tactics are neither here nor there. Hopefully just a 'bad day at the office' after the international break, roll on Tuesady.

Tony Brown was saying he's never sen us give the ball away so often - therein lies the problem BD is trying to create a system that relies on passing it out from the back, but if you cant pass then it all falls apart pretty quickly -

Passing the ball out of defence like we are is a tactic, so it’s not here or there that tactics are an issue

RE: Tactics - Brandywell - 09-14-2018

3-5-2 doesn't work with our current squad

4-4-2 all the way

Sadly can't see Dlhim lasting past January unless he makes some major changes

RE: Tactics - igorbalis - 09-14-2018

(09-14-2018, 09:57 PM)aj21 Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 09:53 PM)igorbalis Wrote: if players cant pass to each other tactics are neither here nor there. Hopefully just a 'bad day at the office' after the international break, roll on Tuesady.

Passing the ball out of defence like we are is a tactic, so it’s not here or there that tactics are an issue

I rest my case - its nothing to do with tactics its being able to master the dark arts of passing control and movement, none of which we seemed to possess much of this evening, but the same tactics seemed to work against Stoke.

RE: Tactics - keef - 09-14-2018

We had a bad game tonight and got away with a draw away at derby match

RE: Tactics - aj21 - 09-14-2018

They worked against Stoke because they didn’t press out defenders and midfield, blues moved up the pitch quicker and showed up our defenders ability on the ball. We needed to change the game by taking a man out of central defence and getting an extra midfielder in the game to pass and move the ball better. It’s was crying out for Barry who is miles better on the ball than our three centre backs.

RE: Tactics - Artist - 09-14-2018

(09-14-2018, 10:01 PM)Brandywell Wrote: 3-5-2 doesn't work with our current squad

4-4-2 all the way

Sadly can't see Dlhim lasting past January unless he makes some major changes

3-5-2 gets the best out of some of our players (Phillips, Livermore, Barnes, Gibbs) but not others (the defence, Brunt)

RE: Tactics - Baggeridgebaggy - 09-14-2018

Three defenders that aren't comfortable on the ball .... going back, across, back & across ...then back, then across then either give it away or hoofing it. Desperate to watch & utterly ineffective.

Nonsense tactics from players that can't play that way and a manager that doesn't change things when required. Barry should have been on after 55 mins

Bartley is appalling and needs dropping if we're going to play we 3 CB's they we need a left footed defender and with the current squad I'd possibly play Barry there. He's played there before and with Gibbs wide there'd be a cover

If teams had scored the 3 pens missed we'd be below half way

Picking the players he does with those tactics means we can't possibly get promoted