WBAunofficial
It’s middle of September lads! - Printable Version

+- WBAunofficial (http://www.wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAunofficial (http://www.wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: WBAunofficial (http://www.wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: It’s middle of September lads! (/showthread.php?tid=17708)

Pages: 1 2 3

It’s middle of September lads! - spandaubaggie - 09-14-2018

Too many opinions are delivered too early in a season. We are readjusting and really enjoying watch the transition despite some irritating aspects. Sure beats what we have seen the last 3 years.

RE: It’s middle of September lads! - TorontoBaggie - 09-14-2018

I see a lot of comments analysing the present. And at present, it isn't great. Is it? Yes, things can improve, but I would debate they aren't. If anything we've regressed since Big Dave was appointed full time manager. Compare tonight against the Utd away win.

RE: It’s middle of September lads! - Captainmarvel - 09-14-2018

Good point, we will not come up against players of the quality that Blues have every week

RE: It’s middle of September lads! - aj21 - 09-14-2018

That game doesn’t. For me the hardest games to watch are the ones where collectively everyone is screaming out for tactic changes and the game just slips away while you wait. I doubt many Albion fans watching wouldn’t have changed to 442 at half time.

RE: It’s middle of September lads! - DemonicBaggie - 09-14-2018

(09-14-2018, 09:37 PM)spandaubaggie Wrote: Too many opinions are delivered too early in a season. We are readjusting and really enjoying watch the transition despite some irritating aspects. Sure beats what we have seen the last 3 years.

Tonight didn’t. No glossing over the ineptness of it. I’ve had a headache all evening through enduring the sheer dross we produced. As I said earlier it actually verged on the bizarre. Anyone worried by tonight’s performance is completely justified. DM may turn it round away from home but the evidence tonight was not encouraging. Let’s hope he can.

RE: It’s middle of September lads! - Shabby Russian - 09-14-2018

(09-14-2018, 09:37 PM)spandaubaggie Wrote: Too many opinions are delivered too early in a season. We are readjusting and really enjoying watch the transition despite some irritating aspects. Sure beats what we have seen the last 3 years.

Post of the night.

RE: It’s middle of September lads! - aj21 - 09-14-2018

(09-14-2018, 09:44 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:

Post of the night.

Not really. 7 league games, no clean sheets and the continuation of asking centre half’s to do things they can’t do. Bartley stays in the team despite being Matt Carbon. We can absolutely call these things out now. No one is saying sack the manager, I think we just want him to make changes which most fans are seeing need making long before he does

RE: It’s middle of September lads! - Anew - 09-14-2018

(09-14-2018, 09:51 PM)aj21 Wrote:

Post of the night.

Not really. 7 league games, no clean sheets and the continuation of asking centre half’s to do things they can’t do. Bartley stays in the team despite being Matt Carbon. We can absolutely call these things out now. No one is saying sack the manager, I think we just want him to make changes which most fans are seeing need making long before he does

+1 let's not forget our season started early August.Not only Our defence but the whole team played like strangers tonight. I will take into account that Dawson  and Townsend are fairly new additions to the side this evening but Johnson Hegazi and the awful Barkley have played every game this season and have not been cohesive or capable at all since day one.

RE: It’s middle of September lads! - Brandywell - 09-14-2018

Post of the night.

Quite possibly in some regards our worst performance in 3 years. Our ability to pass a ball was staggering, criminal that our forwards had less than 20 touches between them in the first half against a team that will be fighting relegation

RE: It’s middle of September lads! - Baggeridgebaggy - 09-14-2018

(09-14-2018, 09:42 PM)DemonicBaggie Wrote:

Tonight didn’t. No glossing over the ineptness of it. I’ve had a headache all evening through enduring the sheer dross we produced. As I said earlier it actually verged on the bizarre. Anyone worried by tonight’s performance is completely justified. DM may turn it round away from home but the evidence tonight was not encouraging. Let’s hope he can.
Spot on ....utterly bizarre tactics that weren't working 

Crying out for change and variety of tactics but didn't happen until belated substitution of Barry for Brunt 

We've been lucky that teams keep missing pens and chances

(09-14-2018, 10:31 PM)Brandywell Wrote:

Post of the night.

Quite possibly in some regards our worst performance in 3 years. Our ability to pass a ball was staggering, criminal that our forwards had less than 20 touches between them in the first half against a team that will be fighting relegation
That was appalling in the main

Quite a bit of the last 3 yrs were better than that actually ... and this is the championship