WBAunofficial
Tonight - Printable Version

+- WBAunofficial (http://www.wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAunofficial (http://www.wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: WBAunofficial (http://www.wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Tonight (/showthread.php?tid=17713)

Pages: 1 2

Tonight - Cuzer14 - 09-14-2018

Christ we were poor, so many players having off nights, Blies showing the blueprint to the rest of the league on how to nullify us
That first half I couldn’t get over how static we were, Brunt, Livermore and Barnes standing there whilst the centre backs had the ball looking for an outlet, if they can’t find that simple 10 yard pass then we go long and lose it or side ways and backwards, which is what happened tonight

Called it after Mansfield that Barry had a big part to play this season, did more in 15 minutes than Brunt’s done all season, got to start one of the next two to freshen things up and keep people on their toes
Barnes was poor tonight, yet no number 10 option on the bench, where was Leko?
Jayrod, non existent
Very critical of Moore and Jones, to not make changes to either shape or personnel on the hour mark, latest, was inept 
And criticism to Jenkins and his deep pockets too,squad is totally unbalanced, desperate for a back to goal striker to give us the direct option should we need to and a midfielder who gets about the pitch.....we trouser the sheets! Shocking

Marks

SJ 8 - Got us the point, good game

Phillips 8 MOM, our only outlet of note

Townsend 6 Parks defending for goal, some promise going forward

Dawson 4 Piss poor distribution and poor for goal, had one tonight for sure

Hegazi 5 Best of a very bad bunch

Bartley 3 Never seen him have a good game prior to joining us, wants to stroll around doing the minimum by the looks, first rule of being a defender, even in our system is to defend, he would do well remembering that, piss poor tonight and that penalty? What the fuck

Brunt 3 Slightky better 2nd half when clearly told to get the ball and look forward and not go back every time, no movement and not showing for the pass, how long before BD grows a pair and leaves him out?

Livermore 3 See Dawson, one of those games when nothing went right for him, lucky not to be hooked

Barnes 4 Another one too static, must come deeper if not getting in game, odd flashes at end but nowhere near enough

Gayle 5 Worked hard, some decent link up play at times

Jayrod 3 Barely involved and rightly taken off

Subs Barry 7 First two passes forward created opportunities, got to have a chance soon, uses the ball better than Brunt or Livermore

HRK 6 much better than Jayrod

Two big home games coming up, need the sharpen up as the “early days, give it time” excuse won’t be around for ever

Cuzer

RE: Tonight - Heath - 09-14-2018

Fair summary pal.

Would anyone have turned down 4 points from Stoke and Blues?

RE: Tonight - Cuzer14 - 09-14-2018

I doubt it mate, I wouldn’t turn down six from the next two home games either

Need to be a damn sight better than they were tonight to claim em though!

Cuzer

RE: Tonight - Baggeridgebaggy - 09-15-2018

Barry would improve the team dramatically either LCB instead of Bartley or instead of Brunt

Worries me that Moore makes so few decisions during a game. Change needed at 55 mins, but waits until 77 mins

That display was worryingly poor and Moores approach makes me think there's more if that to come

RE: Tonight - Crichtons bad back - 09-15-2018

(09-14-2018, 11:19 PM)Cuzer14 Wrote: Christ we were poor, so many players having off nights, Blies showing the blueprint to the rest of the league on how to nullify us
That first half I couldn’t get over how static we were, Brunt, Livermore and Barnes standing there whilst the centre backs had the ball looking for an outlet, if they can’t find that simple 10 yard pass then we go long and lose it or side ways and backwards, which is what happened tonight

Called it after Mansfield that Barry had a big part to play this season, did more in 15 minutes than Brunt’s done all season, got to start one of the next two to freshen things up and keep people on their toes
Barnes was poor tonight, yet no number 10 option on the bench, where was Leko?
Jayrod, non existent
Very critical of Moore and Jones, to not make changes to either shape or personnel on the hour mark, latest, was inept 
And criticism to Jenkins and his deep pockets too,squad is totally unbalanced, desperate for a back to goal striker to give us the direct option should we need to and a midfielder who gets about the pitch.....we trouser the sheets! Shocking

Marks

SJ 8 - Got us the point, good game

Phillips 8 MOM, our only outlet of note

Townsend 6 Parks defending for goal, some promise going forward

Dawson 4 Piss poor distribution and poor for goal, had one tonight for sure

Hegazi 5 Best of a very bad bunch

Bartley 3 Never seen him have a good game prior to joining us, wants to stroll around doing the minimum by the looks, first rule of being a defender, even in our system is to defend, he would do well remembering that, piss poor tonight and that penalty? What the fuck

Brunt 3 Slightky better 2nd half when clearly told to get the ball and look forward and not go back every time, no movement and not showing for the pass, how long before BD grows a pair and leaves him out?

Livermore 3 See Dawson, one of those games when nothing went right for him, lucky not to be hooked

Barnes 4 Another one too static, must come deeper if not getting in game, odd flashes at end but nowhere near enough

Gayle 5 Worked hard, some decent link up play at times

Jayrod 3 Barely involved and rightly taken off

Subs Barry 7 First two passes forward created opportunities, got to have a chance soon, uses the ball better than Brunt or Livermore

HRK 6 much better than Jayrod

Two big home games coming up, need the sharpen up as the “early days, give it time” excuse won’t be around for ever

Cuzer
Agree with all bar Townsend, utterly appalling first half 4 for me.

RE: Tonight - EastMidsBaggie - 09-15-2018

(09-14-2018, 11:22 PM)Cuzer14 Wrote: I doubt it mate, I wouldn’t turn down six from the next two home games either

Need to be a damn sight better than they were tonight to claim em though!

Cuzer

You mentioned the blueprint - I'm sure Bristol City and Millwall were gleefully making copious notes !!

Up to BD now to make sure we don't turn out and play like that again now in two tough but very winnable home games.

RE: Tonight - Birdman1811 - 09-15-2018

Can't argue with any of that Cuzer, excellent summary.

Though J-Rod was doing nothing, making that sub first was ridiculous. HRK only got more hope because once Barry came on we got the ball up there to them. Barry should have been on at about 50 minutes when it clearly wasn't working after half time either. then bring on HRK for someone, probably Barnes imo, go 3-5-3 and more direct since Barnes wasn't at it last night and had no direct replacement.

RE: Tonight - Sw4Baggie - 09-15-2018

(09-15-2018, 10:28 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Can't argue with any of that Cuzer, excellent summary.

Though J-Rod was doing nothing, making that sub first was ridiculous. HRK only got more hope because once Barry came on we got the ball up there to them. Barry should have been on at about 50 minutes when it clearly wasn't working after half time either. then bring on HRK for someone, probably Barnes imo, go 3-5-3 and more direct since Barnes wasn't at it last night and had no direct replacement.

I know Blues were crap at finishing but to play without a goalie would be ballsy!

Fair summary Cuzer. Brunt will have a role to play this season, but he needs pulling out of the firing line forna few games. Barry has shown enough in recent cameos to suggest he could be more effective in this system than CB is.

3-4 winnable games in a row now.

RE: Tonight - Birdman1811 - 09-15-2018

(09-15-2018, 10:33 AM)Sw4Baggie Wrote:
(09-15-2018, 10:28 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Can't argue with any of that Cuzer, excellent summary.

I know Blues were crap at finishing but to play without a goalie would be ballsy!

Fair summary Cuzer. Brunt will have a role to play this season, but he needs pulling out of the firing line forna few games. Barry has shown enough in recent cameos to suggest he could be more effective in this system than CB is.

3-4 winnable games in a row now.

Meant 3-4-2 obviously.

Don't even have an excuse for that one!

RE: Tonight - Captainmarvel - 09-15-2018

Brunt and Bartley have not had a good game all season, I am not having this captaincy is stopping Brunt play, or he takes 5 games to get going.

BD needs now to show if he has what it takes to make big decisions, yes he discarded a few players, but these decisions may have been out of his hand......the team selections are down to him, as are the adventurous substitutions and creative tactics.....