WBAunofficial
Paul Clement - Printable Version

+- WBAunofficial (http://www.wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAunofficial (http://www.wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: WBAunofficial (http://www.wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Paul Clement (/showthread.php?tid=19156)

Paul Clement - ASOGF - 12-06-2018

Sacked at Reading

RE: Paul Clement - cunninghamismagic - 12-06-2018

One of those good coaches who fails as a manager.
1 or 2 clamouring for him to get the Albion job not so long ago.

RE: Paul Clement - Peachy - 12-06-2018

(12-06-2018, 10:00 AM)cunninghamismagic Wrote: One of those good coaches who fails as a manager.

TBF CIM until your given a shot as a No1 it's very hard to predict if you are going to be a good one or not.

He built up a very good reputation as a coach at Chelsea, Madrid and Milan and took the option to step out of that comfort zone to test himself as a number one.

It certainly looks like he's not really cut out for it but I applaud him for giving it a go. He could easily have stayed under Ancelloti and picked up some nice fat pay cheques.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...

RE: Paul Clement - Ed_Hopper - 12-07-2018

I think players are a different breed nowadays, and if a couple of results go against you, they stop seeing the guy who worked at Real Madrid, and start seeing the former PE teacher!

RE: Paul Clement - Kit Kat chunky - 12-07-2018

(12-06-2018, 10:00 AM)cunninghamismagic Wrote: One of those good coaches who fails as a manager.

A bit like AFI??   Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

RE: Paul Clement - backsidebaggie - 12-07-2018

(12-06-2018, 10:37 AM)Peachy Wrote:

TBF CIM until your given a shot as a No1 it's very hard to predict if you are going to be a good one or not.

He built up a very good reputation as a coach at Chelsea, Madrid and Milan and took the option to step out of that comfort zone to test himself as a number one.

It certainly looks like he's not really cut out for it but I applaud him for giving it a go. He could easily have stayed under Ancelloti and picked up some nice fat pay cheques.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...

He wasn’t paid that much as assistant manager even at Real Madrid. Assistants are cheap. It would have been a good pay rise going to Swansea as a number one.

RE: Paul Clement - WilesBandagedHead - 12-07-2018

(12-07-2018, 11:46 AM)Ed_Hopper Wrote: I think players are a different breed nowadays, and if a couple of results go against you, they stop seeing the guy who worked at Real Madrid, and start seeing the former PE teacher!
Don't know why, but that has made me chuckle!

RE: Paul Clement - Mancbaggie - 12-07-2018

Fathead Bruce fancied for the gig