WBAUnofficial
Irish,Blacks and Muslims - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Politics (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Irish,Blacks and Muslims (/showthread.php?tid=2569)

Pages: 1 2 3

Irish,Blacks and Muslims - Sunshine - 03-08-2019

All choosing to be offended by Tory ministers who are doing their best.

RE: Irish,Blacks and Muslims - baggy1 - 03-08-2019

What's happened? I did see Diane Abbot getting upset about being called coloured and thought that I didn't know what term to use these days as well then - what should we use?

As I'm from good Irish stock can you let me know what I should be offended by so I can update my facebook profile.

RE: Irish,Blacks and Muslims - Beano - 03-08-2019

(03-08-2019, 06:52 AM)Sunshine Wrote: All choosing to be offended by Tory ministers who are doing their best.

The entire nation is offended on a daily basis by the dribble coming out from Tory ministers so the
BME community are not alone.

RE: Irish,Blacks and Muslims - Sunshine - 03-08-2019

(03-08-2019, 09:00 AM)baggy1 Wrote: What's happened? I did see Diane Abbot getting upset about being called coloured and thought that I didn't know what term to use these days as well then - what should we use?

As I'm from good Irish stock can you let me know what I should be offended by so I can update my facebook profile.

Can someone help baggy out, ive drafted several replies but they all sound like im a patronising cunt?

RE: Irish,Blacks and Muslims - cornishbaggie - 03-08-2019

(03-08-2019, 09:00 AM)baggy1 Wrote: What's happened? I did see Diane Abbot getting upset about being called coloured and thought that I didn't know what term to use these days as well then - what should we use?

Thick Mick, Paddy, Bog dweller, but as I was born in Donegal, I'm bias, I don't think anyone can hurl an insult or tell an Irish joke as well as the Irish Big Grin

You've explained the OP with your other thread - ta!

Are people really getting upset by being called coloured now? The whole point of politics these days seems to be about point scoring rather than actions I'm afraid, I nearly sympathise with them apart from the Leadsom chappess - she's a fucking moron.

(03-08-2019, 11:43 AM)baggy1 Wrote: You've explained the OP with your other thread - ta!

Are people really getting upset by being called coloured now? The whole point of politics these days seems to be about point scoring rather than actions I'm afraid, I nearly sympathise with them apart from the Leadsom chappess - she's a fucking moron.

Its a pretty outdated term that has links to slavery,segregation and apartheid but i suppose there are plenty of other words that describe Diane Abbot that she could have used.

And here is my worry - people are feeling outraged / discriminated against by a descriptive word that if used in a non-segregational, non-slavery, non-apartheid context could be seen as reclaiming the meaning of that word and consigning the misuse of that word to history. And yet I don't hear the same protest being made against the "n" word when it is used by the very community that is upset about the word coloured.

(03-08-2019, 01:33 PM)baggy1 Wrote: And here is my worry - people are feeling outraged / discriminated against by a descriptive word that if used in a non-segregational, non-slavery, non-apartheid context could be seen as reclaiming the meaning of that word and consigning the misuse of that word to history. And yet I don't hear the same protest being made against the "n" word when it is used by the very community that is upset about the word coloured.

Its doubtful black people would choose a middle class priveliged white right wing politician as a spokesperson to launch the campaign to reclaim the word.

Its complicated, but i generally think its ok for black people to use the n word as a way of reducing its impact however it has been used as a derogatory term within the black community to describe lower classes.

RE: Irish,Blacks and Muslims - LockHard - 03-08-2019

White people are coloured. Black people are black.