WBAUnofficial
Ratings - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Ratings (/showthread.php?tid=3411)

Ratings - Cuzer - 04-19-2019

Good game today, was always going to be, Hull have a real danger in the final third, thankfully our threat is greater and basically that's where we won the game

Some real good in there today, some not so good and some real bad, god knows what to make of us currently, when we play with tempo, urgency and zip the ball about we look good but when we play with a pedestrian tempo and try and play keep ball we are so slow to close down the opposiition when we lose it that it ends up hurting us, a better side than Hull would have scored more today and that's a worry

SJ - 3 He just never commands his area, never seems to portray any confidence to his centre halves, woeful for the first goal allthough it did dip slightly in front of him but no way should it have beat him, 2nd was equally as poor, be brave from Shan to drop him now but he needs a word to buck his ideas up

Holgate 7 - Much better 2nd half, hand in the winner, needs to move out of 2nd gear more as has all the attributes, playing as a wing back it's imperative he gets forward and joins in attacks

Gibbs 9 - Some player, barely put a foot wrong, great skill and composure on the ball, lovely finish, a real rolls royce of a player who makes us so much better as a team, class act

Bartley 7 - A three suits him best and some OK distribution but still flatters to deceive for me

Dawson 8 - Some good cross field passes from centre half, looks better centrally for me, improved performance

Hegazi 7 - Brought off earlier, hopefully nothing more than a precaution, not happy to be brought off, hopefully that wasn't injury related and just the disappointment of havnig to go off, will be crucial in the play offs

Brunt 7 - Thought he played well today, occasionally sloppy in possession but great deliver into the box and some incisive passing to get us moving up the pitch

Johanson 9* - Great player, great engine, our best player by a mile at clossing down the opposition and pressing, which ultimately gets us up the pitch more, couldn't belive early on people were critical, hopefully you're seeing enough now to see what an important player he is for us?

Harper 4 - Sounds like I'm on his case but he's offering us absolutely nothing either with or without the ball currently, it doesn't help his body language smacks of I can't give a shit and I'm not sure why Shan is keeping him involved, as I said on another thread Wes, Field, Leko or Rogers would give us so much more than he is currently, never mind Murphy, Edwards or Phillips, the club could do with coming out and telling us what is going on with his contract and if he's not stopping just leave him out

Gayle 8 - Works tirelessly, so good in the air for a small un' keep him fit for the play offs and we have a change against anybody

HRK - 6 Nothing worked for him today, nothing more than back up in this formation, which doesn't suit him, will no doubt start at Reading to rest Gayle

Subs

Tosin 8 - Impressive today for me, good distribution, great ball for the goal, suited to a three and arguably the best passer of the ball we have at the back to get us playing through the lines, just needs to be tougher and more commited in his defending, there is a player in there somewhere

Phillips 7  Good to see him back, looks to have bulked up way too much for me, must by doing those Gym sessions with Livermore after training every day, not suited to him IMO as loses mobility, improved as the game went on and important for us to have him back as gives us something none of our midfielders offer, the ability to carry the ball at pace

Murphy 7 - One word - pace - again something we're not blessed with so will always be an option for us, good ball for the winning goal and making those runs down the channels, stretches any opposition at any level

A good 3 points with as many questions posed as answers given but we'll take it

SOTV

Cuzer

RE: Ratings - WorcBaggie - 04-19-2019

Thought the game was very mixed today. A couple of spells where it seemed to meander along and then burst into life. The biggest change for us was when Phillips came on, felt he did very well and always gave Hull something to think about. Can't argue with your marks and really good to see Gibbs back to his best.

Grosicki looked a class act for them and they certainly looked like they had a goal in them.

RE: Ratings - Sliced - 04-19-2019

Good review

RE: Ratings - Cuzer - 04-19-2019

Thanks Grosicki is a top, top player, would love him in our set up

Cuzer

RE: Ratings - TETLEY74 - 04-19-2019

Good assessment Cuzer agreed Johanson is becoming an important player for us two MOTM performances back to back  always looking to hit the opposition on the break or get us up the pitch and knows when to just slow things down will be a key player for us in the playoffs with out a doubt.

RE: Ratings - HeathAyIt - 04-19-2019

(04-19-2019, 05:49 PM)Cuzer Wrote: Good game today, was always going to be, Hull have a real danger in the final third, thankfully our threat is greater and basically that's where we won the game

Some real good in there today, some not so good and some real bad, god knows what to make of us currently, when we play with tempo, urgency and zip the ball about we look good but when we play with a pedestrian tempo and try and play keep ball we are so slow to close down the opposiition when we lose it that it ends up hurting us, a better side than Hull would have scored more today and that's a worry

SJ - 3 He just never commands his area, never seems to portray any confidence to his centre halves, woeful for the first goal allthough it did dip slightly in front of him but no way should it have beat him, 2nd was equally as poor, be brave from Shan to drop him now but he needs a word to buck his ideas up

Holgate 7 - Much better 2nd half, hand in the winner, needs to move out of 2nd gear more as has all the attributes, playing as a wing back it's imperative he gets forward and joins in attacks

Gibbs 9 - Some player, barely put a foot wrong, great skill and composure on the ball, lovely finish, a real rolls royce of a player who makes us so much better as a team, class act

Bartley 7 - A three suits him best and some OK distribution but still flatters to deceive for me

Dawson 8 - Some good cross field passes from centre half, looks better centrally for me, improved performance

Hegazi 7 - Brought off earlier, hopefully nothing more than a precaution, not happy to be brought off, hopefully that wasn't injury related and just the disappointment of havnig to go off, will be crucial in the play offs

Brunt 7 - Thought he played well today, occasionally sloppy in possession but great deliver into the box and some incisive passing to get us moving up the pitch

Johanson 9* - Great player, great engine, our best player by a mile at clossing down the opposition and pressing, which ultimately gets us up the pitch more, couldn't belive early on people were critical, hopefully you're seeing enough now to see what an important player he is for us?

Harper 4 - Sounds like I'm on his case but he's offering us absolutely nothing either with or without the ball currently, it doesn't help his body language smacks of I can't give a shit and I'm not sure why Shan is keeping him involved, as I said on another thread Wes, Field, Leko or Rogers would give us so much more than he is currently, never mind Murphy, Edwards or Phillips, the club could do with coming out and telling us what is going on with his contract and if he's not stopping just leave him out

Gayle 8 - Works tirelessly, so good in the air for a small un' keep him fit for the play offs and we have a change against anybody

HRK - 6 Nothing worked for him today, nothing more than back up in this formation, which doesn't suit him, will no doubt start at Reading to rest Gayle

Subs

Tosin 8 - Impressive today for me, good distribution, great ball for the goal, suited to a three and arguably the best passer of the ball we have at the back to get us playing through the lines, just needs to be tougher and more commited in his defending, there is a player in there somewhere

Phillips 7  Good to see him back, looks to have bulked up way too much for me, must by doing those Gym sessions with Livermore after training every day, not suited to him IMO as loses mobility, improved as the game went on and important for us to have him back as gives us something none of our midfielders offer, the ability to carry the ball at pace

Murphy 7 - One word - pace - again something we're not blessed with so will always be an option for us, good ball for the winning goal and making those runs down the channels, stretches any opposition at any level

A good 3 points with as many questions posed as answers given but we'll take it

SOTV

Cuzer
Good summary mate.

13 goals in 4 home games. Will give us a chance against anyone in the play offs.

RE: Ratings - EastMidsBaggie - 04-19-2019

(04-19-2019, 07:27 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote: Good assessment Cuzer agreed Johanson is becoming an important player for us two MOTM performances back to back  always looking to hit the opposition on the break or get us up the pitch and knows when to just slow things down will be a key player for us in the playoffs with out a doubt.

Potentially Man of the Match in the last four for me as he was one of the few to gain any credit in the two away defeats.
Looking like the guy we saw at Fulham last season which bodes well for the P/Os.

RE: Ratings - Atomic - 04-19-2019

I'm starting to love Johansen.  Heart

If we don't go up. I'd be building a new team around him. 

He's the only midfielder we have that has won a second ball all season ....... I think!

RE: Ratings - Cuzer - 04-20-2019

(04-19-2019, 10:04 PM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 07:27 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote: Good assessment Cuzer agreed Johanson is becoming an important player for us two MOTM performances back to back  always looking to hit the opposition on the break or get us up the pitch and knows when to just slow things down will be a key player for us in the playoffs with out a doubt.

Potentially Man of the Match in the last four for me as he was one of the few to gain any credit in the two away defeats.
Looking like the guy we saw at Fulham last season which bodes well for the P/Os.

Correct East Mids, thought he was the shining light in a pile of shite at Milwall in all honesty, he's the only one who gets into 2nd gear when the opposition has the ball, always looks to press and close down, young Harper could take a leaf or twenty out of his book!

Cuzer