WBAUnofficial
Villa - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Villa (/showthread.php?tid=4799)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Villa - Lightnin - 05-28-2019

(05-28-2019, 10:20 AM)Solihull Throstle Wrote:
(05-28-2019, 08:32 AM)Lightnin Wrote:
(05-28-2019, 07:26 AM)Solihull Throstle Wrote: I hate the club. However my best mate and wife are both fans. I know plenty of other decent ones. On form they deserved to go up. Perhaps some of our players need to take a look at the Villa players'approach over the last few months.
Am I happy they've gone up? No. 
Do I think we should stop our childish obsession and move on for the rest of the summer? Yes.

On form? They finished 5th. Us and Leeds were both above them so on form over the season they didn't deserve it at all.

Their form at the back end of the season.

A season is played over all the games, not just the last 10. The last 10 games alone does not mean that they deserved to go up.

I don't think it has anything to do with the players either. Infact, I don't think it was the fault of Moore or Shan. The calamity of this season rests purely with the owner and the directors. We were very sentimental in appointing Moore and in the end it was his inexperience that led to him being sacked. We didn't learn from this and carried on by appointing another inexperienced coach.

We finished 4th because we had undoubted quality in our squad that quite often won us matches alone. With a manager that had a bit more nous I think we'd have actually been promoted. Every other club that finished in top 6 has a young manager (apart from Bielsa who is a different animal completely) with some experience and a bit about them. Farke, Wilder and Dean Smith. Lampard was found out yesterday but he has a fantastic knowledge with all the managers he's played under.

The Villa players approach was nothing special before Smith arrived, it changed under Smith because he's a good manager. That might not be something that we'd all like to admit but it is a fact.

This next appointment is massive for us, in hindsight we've wasted 12 months and the best opportunity we had but we aren't finished yet. If we can keep the spine of the squad together we may get another decent crack at it but I do have my worries that we'll still mess it up on both fronts over the summer.

RE: Villa - Toby Jugg - 05-28-2019

(05-28-2019, 10:41 AM)Lightnin Wrote:
(05-28-2019, 07:26 AM)Solihull Throstle Wrote: I hate the club. However my best mate and wife are both fans. I know plenty of other decent ones. On form they deserved to go up. Perhaps some of our players need to take a look at the Villa players'approach over the last few months.
Do I think we should stop our childish obsession and move on for the rest of the summer? Yes.

On form? They finished 5th. Us and Leeds were both above them so on form over the season they didn't deserve it at all.

A season is played over all the games, not just the last 10. The last 10 games alone does not mean that they deserved to go up.

I don't think it has anything to do with the players either. Infact, I don't think it was the fault of Moore or Shan. The calamity of this season rests purely with the owner and the directors. We were very sentimental in appointing Moore and in the end it was his inexperience that led to him being sacked. We didn't learn from this and carried on by appointing another inexperienced coach.

We finished 4th because we had undoubted quality in our squad that quite often won us matches alone. With a manager that had a bit more nous I think we'd have actually been promoted. Every other club that finished in top 6 has a young manager (apart from Bielsa who is a different animal completely) with some experience and a bit about them. Farke, Wilder and Dean Smith. Lampard was found out yesterday but he has a fantastic knowledge with all the managers he's played under.

The Villa players approach was nothing special before Smith arrived, it changed under Smith because he's a good manager. That might not be something that we'd all like to admit but it is a fact.

This next appointment is massive for us, in hindsight we've wasted 12 months and the best opportunity we had but we aren't finished yet. If we can keep the spine of the squad together we may get another decent crack at it but I do have my worries that we'll still mess it up on both fronts over the summer.

Nail.On.Head.

RE: Villa - Spandaubaggie - 05-28-2019

(05-28-2019, 10:48 AM)Toby Jugg Wrote:
(05-28-2019, 10:41 AM)Lightnin Wrote:

Nail.On.Head.
Good well thought through post. 
I'm fed up that the good years of 2011-2014 were not built on, but 8 years is a decent return in the Prem for clubs like us. There's 20 or so of them.
We're in good nick, not in some 1986 implosion. 
My hope is we can keep 3 or 4 big names to add to Brunt and build on this. Looking forward to the pre season shenanigans .

RE: Villa - Hopalong - 05-28-2019

(05-28-2019, 08:41 AM)Mancbaggies Wrote:
(05-28-2019, 08:07 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
(05-28-2019, 08:01 AM)Albionmad Wrote: It remains to be seen if Lampard and Terry turn up at Chelsea.

Has that been rumoured somewhere!? I find it hard to believe. Chelsea don't do sentimental.

If Fat Frank had done his job yesterday, I think they might have done

His approach was perplexing.  An hour before the game Villa must have been worried given how they blew Leeds away but then Frank drops a massive bollock with his team selection and hands them the initiative. 

They lost with a whimper.  They had nothing to lose.  Handed the game to Villa on a plate.  

Chelsea might take him for a couple of years until this embargo is over to try and do something with the kids.

RE: Villa - GunsOfNavarone - 05-28-2019

Heard a radio interview from Lampard post match yesterday.

Essentially none of his forwards were fully match fit, hence the lack of punch up front.

RE: Villa - The Real PK - 05-30-2019

Fuck them. Fucking arseholes.

RE: Villa - Kit Kat Chunky - 05-30-2019

Fuck 'em all, fuck 'em all, fuck 'em all.
Goodman and Kelly and Bull.
We'll never be mastered,
By gold and black bastards,
'Cos West Brom are better than Wolves.

RE: Villa - The Real PK - 05-30-2019

https://twitter.com/dannykl_/status/1133422916098547712?s=21P

RE: Villa - Statto - 05-30-2019

(05-30-2019, 10:21 AM)The Real PK Wrote: https://twitter.com/dannykl_/status/1133422916098547712?s=21P

Looks like the Three Tuns in Sutton. 

I know the Ginger in the claret and blue top who points at the camera at the end. He's an absolute top bloke.

RE: Villa - Bromley Baggie 2 - 05-30-2019

"A season is played over all the games, not just the last 10. The last 10 games alone does not mean that they deserved to go up."

So, does that apply to the 11 point choke and our winning promotion on the back of us having a much better run in than The Dings in 2001? 

Just askin'.