WBAunofficial
If quality is the objective - Printable Version

+- WBAunofficial (http://www.wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAunofficial (http://www.wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: WBAunofficial (http://www.wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: If quality is the objective (/showthread.php?tid=7460)

If quality is the objective - Hopalong - 06-19-2017

it's going to take time.  Even the rich clubs can't get the players they want. 

http://sportwitness.co.uk/west-brom-e18m-firm-offer-revealed-along-leicester-city-approach-e30m/

Our first signing last season was Phillips on 8 July and that was an open secret for about a year so. It's frustrating but we just have to be patient.

Other clubs have key players being linked elsewhere....Lukaku, Mahrez etc   good players will always be in demand. 

Our team needs a major refresh.  Dawson, McAuley, Brunt, Morrison, Yacob have been mainstay for years and we certainly need to replace some of these and improve the offensive end of the pitch.   Rondon could be devastating with the right players around him as he was for a while when he Chadli and Phillips were cooking on gas earlier in the season.

RE: If quality is the objective - ABBaggie - 06-19-2017

I'mAgree that we need to be patient. We will always be likely to do our business towards the end of the window and have normally only done 1 or 2 deals by about mid July. I always think of it is one signing a week given how we work (I know we don't actually just do 1 deal at a time starting from scratch like that, but it's a way to gauge it), so if you assume we are looking for about 6 players, I'd expect us to have 2-3 by the time the season starts.

RE: If quality is the objective - Gzbaggy - 06-19-2017

(06-19-2017, 02:31 PM)ABBaggie Wrote: I'mAgree that we need to be patient. We will always be likely to do our business towards the end of the window and have normally only done 1 or 2 deals by about mid July. I always think of it is one signing a week given how we work (I know we don't actually just do 1 deal at a time starting from scratch like that, but it's a way to gauge it), so if you assume we are looking for about 6 players, I'd expect us to have 2-3 by the time the season starts.

We need a lot more than 2 or 3 before the season starts!

Have you seen the size of the squad? Bearing in mind as well that Morrison, GMac and Phillips might not be fit we need about 5 or 6

RE: If quality is the objective - Sol_9_Rondon - 06-19-2017

We are in decent shape imo.

A side that we could put out against Bournemouth would be good enough to beat them imo

RE: If quality is the objective - wba13 - 06-19-2017

The spine of the side is decent FOSTER EVANS and G MAC and RONDON, but we need a dominating Central Midfielder Another Centre half one or two striker`s a left back, and a couple of back up player`s, this all takes time I am not worried as there are still plenty of time to go.

RE: If quality is the objective - ABBaggie - 06-19-2017

(06-19-2017, 03:24 PM)Gzbaggy Wrote:
(06-19-2017, 02:31 PM)ABBaggie Wrote: I'mAgree that we need to be patient. We will always be likely to do our business towards the end of the window and have normally only done 1 or 2 deals by about mid July. I always think of it is one signing a week given how we work (I know we don't actually just do 1 deal at a time starting from scratch like that, but it's a way to gauge it), so if you assume we are looking for about 6 players, I'd expect us to have 2-3 by the time the season starts.

We need a lot more than 2 or 3 before the season starts!

Have you seen the size of the squad? Bearing in mind as well that Morrison, GMac and Phillips might not be fit we need about 5 or 6
2-3 is what I'm expecting us to have, not what I want us to have done. In an ideal world we'd have more than that but we are only going to bring on 5-6 IMO, assuming no more out goings, and I really don't see is getting that all done before the season starts. We will probably start the season looking pretty threadbare but end up in slightly better shape by the deadline.