WBAUnofficial
Get Well Soon... - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Get Well Soon... (/showthread.php?tid=7475)

Pages: 1 2

Get Well Soon... - baggiebloke - 11-24-2019

The bloke who got hit in the face by the ball in the Halfords yesterday.

Quickly attended to by med staff and stewards, to their credit.

RE: Get Well Soon... - TartanRug - 11-24-2019

(11-24-2019, 01:43 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: The bloke who got hit in the face by the ball in the Halfords yesterday.

Quickly attended to by med staff and stewards, to their credit.

Hit him at a hell of a speed, hope he's ok. Mind you if it was me I'd have caught it  Cool

RE: Get Well Soon... - Spandaubaggie - 11-24-2019

As that happened it reminded of a guy getting clattered by a Bryan Robson pre match shot in the Brummie many moons ago.

RE: Get Well Soon... - aj21 - 11-24-2019

Did the team a favour, gave us a breather and we kicked on after it.

RE: Get Well Soon... - Kit Kat Chunky - 11-24-2019

(11-24-2019, 09:49 PM)aj21 Wrote: Did the team a favour, gave us a breather and we kicked on after it.

He took one for the team!

RE: Get Well Soon... - KratosBaggie - 11-24-2019

When players kick the ball out, for a throw in etc. there really isn't any need for them to do so with force. It needs stamping out the game, as can be seen, it can lead to needless spectator injuries. Stupid.

RE: Get Well Soon... - Malcolm Tucker - 11-24-2019

(11-24-2019, 10:09 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote: When players kick the ball out, for a throw in etc. there really isn't any need for them to do so with force. It needs stamping out the game, as can be seen, it can lead to needless spectator injuries. Stupid.

This was a ricochet from a tackle. 

Recall a girl being knocked out in the East Stand after a Sunderland player hammered one into the stands during a drab 0-0 in the second promotion season.

RE: Get Well Soon... - KratosBaggie - 11-24-2019

(11-24-2019, 10:12 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 10:09 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote: When players kick the ball out, for a throw in etc. there really isn't any need for them to do so with force. It needs stamping out the game, as can be seen, it can lead to needless spectator injuries. Stupid.

Recall a girl being knocked out in the East Stand after a Sunderland player hammered one into the stands during a drab 0-0 in the second promotion season.

That's fair enough.

RE: Get Well Soon... - Fido - 11-24-2019

I agree. More stamping, fewer ricochets. Make football better, folks.

RE: Get Well Soon... - Ossian - 11-24-2019

(11-24-2019, 10:12 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:

Happened right by us: Darren Williams I think was the Sunderland player; my recollection is that he volleyed  the ball out in temper, copped a load of flak for it and spent the next few minutes apologising whenever he ran past.

Another memory of that match is Hoult making an astonishing save from Downing, who  had run us ragged.