WBAunofficial
Leicester away - Printable Version

+- WBAunofficial (http://www.wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAunofficial (http://www.wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: WBAunofficial (http://www.wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Leicester away (/showthread.php?tid=9340)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Leicester away - BoringBaggie - 09-14-2017

(09-14-2017, 01:52 PM)richbaggie Wrote:
(09-14-2017, 01:43 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:
(09-14-2017, 12:48 PM)richbaggie Wrote:
(09-14-2017, 12:23 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote: Looking through the minutes, I'm not having that bollocks that we wouldn't have sold 3k for Brighton. The game was sold out over two weeks in advance of the game, which was before the majority of people would've got paid for August.

To be fair to the club MT, the tickets sales slowed down to barely a trickle in the last week. I doubt very much that we would have sold the extra 500.

Sold out the day before payday for the majority of people. How many would've been waiting for that to sort tickets and travel out?

Apart from a couple of people, who got sorted by people needing to sell, I haven't seen any moans from fans saying they couldn't get tickets. The club hadn't received any complaints either. At the moment, the demand just isn't there.

Having said that, if they renege on the 3k for Spurs they can stick the Assembly up their arse.

If we can't take 3K to Wembley then we should not take the full allocation for away game for the next 3 seasons to be quite frank.

RE: Leicester away - Derek Hardballs - 09-14-2017

(09-14-2017, 12:47 PM)Big Cyrille Wrote: We have an older fan base that go away but there is a clash  with younger fans who would rather stand up and sing through out the match as I've read the older fan base just want a quiet day out as others want a day on the lash with their mates letting off steam so what's the answer to this because it isn't going to change .

Is it an age thing or more so a culture clash? Personally I don't see the point at getting absolutely hammered before a match particularly if it coincides with idiotic behaviour (goading the opposition fans all match, refusing to let others see, then getting aggressive when asked to etc) that impacts on everyone else's trying to watch the game. 

If you want to grow a fan base you need to attract families and frankly I wouldn't want to take my eldest who is eight to an away game. For one he won't see a thing, two you have no idea if you are going to be by a another's family or a pissed up idiotic swearing incoherently all match more concerned with the opppsition supporters. 

The only thing that will solve this is to separate the two cultures but how you do that is far more difficult than it appears unless you have designated away family areas.

RE: Leicester away - Big Cyrille - 09-14-2017

Exactly but I guess the older crowd did exactly what the youngsters are doing now I did it got on a train got smashed tried to watch the game went back to the pub . I didn't care no responsibilities and why should I act like a 40 year old that's the bottom line I suppose.

RE: Leicester away - Malcolm Tucker - 09-14-2017

(09-14-2017, 01:52 PM)richbaggie Wrote:
(09-14-2017, 12:23 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote: Looking through the minutes, I'm not having that bollocks that we wouldn't have sold 3k for Brighton. The game was sold out over two weeks in advance of the game, which was before the majority of people would've got paid for August.

To be fair to the club MT, the tickets sales slowed down to barely a trickle in the last week. I doubt very much that we would have sold the extra 500.

Sold out the day before payday for the majority of people. How many would've been waiting for that to sort tickets and travel out?

Apart from a couple of people, who got sorted by people needing to sell, I haven't seen any moans from fans saying they couldn't get tickets. The club hadn't received any complaints either. At the moment, the demand just isn't there.

Having said that, if they renege on the 3k for Spurs they can stick the Assembly up their arse.

The line in the minutes that the assembly's comments were 'noted' concerned me, if I'm honest. Really wouldn't put it past them to take a smaller allocation and wheel out some bollocks about Christmas or the weather.

If we can't sell 3k for that then our support really is utter shit.

RE: Leicester away - richbaggie - 09-14-2017

Compare our away support to the videos of the 20k Cologne fans in London today. 20k said to have travelled with only a 3k allocation. That's mad.

RE: Leicester away - cunninghamismagic - 09-14-2017

+1

RE: Leicester away - Old Stroller - 09-14-2017

(09-14-2017, 03:08 PM)richbaggie Wrote: Compare our away support to the videos of the 20k Cologne fans in London today. 20k said to have travelled with only a 3k allocation. That's mad.

Only a short clip, but you know how good it feels to arrive in a city in big numbers.

Cologne fans

RE: Leicester away - tiptontown - 09-14-2017

Only just got to members as well when they sold out. I think season ticket holders had their fill, but I'm sure they'd have sold out easy enough through members and general sale. Plenty of fans out there who aren't season ticket holders who like doing the away games now and again, especially being a new stadium to visit.

RE: Leicester away - swordfish - 09-14-2017

(09-14-2017, 08:25 AM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote: Had a bit of a think about the Leicester allocation last night and came to the conclusion that this is the type of game the club should be laying on transport for. Rather than thinking 'fuck it, no one will want to go,' could they not look at ways of getting people to go? The cost of putting a few coaches on for a trip like Leicester would've been negligible.

Taking these allocations give the impression that the away support almost doesn't matter to the club and the post-match comments from the management/players praising the travelling support look pretty empty. These allocations also become a self-fulfilling prophecy, as people are far likelier to want to travel if they're part of an army of 3000 rather than a band of 1200 having 'is that all you bring away' and 'your support is fucking shit' sang at you all game.

People point to the likes of Leeds and Villa as examples of great away support - which they are - but their supporters will feel much more inclined to travel on the above basis. It's great to go away and almost take over a town for the day, have a sing-song in the pubs beforehand and then make an almighty racket in the ground. Obviously the likes of Leeds and Villa have bigger support-bases to draw from, however the fact is that they've got a far bigger proportion of supporters who are in the habit - because that's what following a football team is - of following their side away. The club need to be encouraging and feeding that habit.
Agree 100%.    There is no question we would have sold 3k for Brighton. A lot of our fans thought they had no chance of getting a ticket so never tried . I definitely think there is some mileage in the subsidised away travel. Southampton would have been perfect. 
    Going away is a habit.    We used to have away season tickets , if one of us couldnt go we made sure the ticket got used.   Now, I'm simply out of the habit.   After Brighton (believe it or not!), I looked to see what was next up and lo and behold, Arseenal on a Monday night and Southampton - also an evening and also on telly. Leicester- same again.   I can't speak for everyone but it's enough to put me off.
Further, to use the word I hate to see next to any football club,  we are a global brand.  A heaving away end at Southampton would be a much better advert than rows of empty red seats.  That will only give fans of other local clubs an excuse to have a dig at us supporters. and...there it is,  as MT says,  self fulfilling.