WBAUnofficial
Boris gone to hospital - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Boris gone to hospital (/showthread.php?tid=9805)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Boris gone to hospital - baggiebloke - 04-07-2020

(04-07-2020, 06:48 AM)Boutros Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 06:40 AM)boingingjim Wrote: Reading this thread this morning has really disappointed me. I thought as Baggies fans we all had an element of compassion and humane beliefs.

What some of you have written on this thread sickens me and makes me wonder what kind of people you are.

Your problem is thinking that baggie fans are different from any other group of people out there.

Oh dear.

RE: Boris gone to hospital - Duffers - 04-07-2020

(04-07-2020, 06:40 AM)boingingjim Wrote: Reading this thread this morning has really disappointed me. I thought as Baggies fans we all had an element of compassion and humane beliefs.

What some of you have written on this thread sickens me and makes me wonder what kind of people you are.

Indeed, I have very little time for Johnson but some of the comments and views circulating in social media in the last 24 hours have been pretty abhorrent.

It’s the same as the idiots who were out celebrating when Thatcher died.

RE: Boris gone to hospital - ChamonixBaggie - 04-07-2020

I wish him a full recovery as soon as possible.

I do however, disagree with those using his illness to deflect criticism of the approach taken by him and his government during this crisis (and more generally over the past decade). Being ill does not make someone beyond reproach.

RE: Boris gone to hospital - boingingjim - 04-07-2020

Just put political alliance aside for a minute, he's a human with a family and new child on the way. All that needs to be said right now is "Get well soon".

Your idea that now is a time to try and win an argument is abhorrent.

RE: Boris gone to hospital - Remi_Moses - 04-07-2020

This is neither the time or the place.

RE: Boris gone to hospital - ChamonixBaggie - 04-07-2020

I'm not trying to win an argument? He's in charge of saving the lives of thousands of people, including my parents, and I want him to be much better at it.

Hopefully his experience on the front lines of our beleaguered healthcare system will be his road to Damascus moment.

Will say no more other than I wish him a full recovery.

RE: Boris gone to hospital - boingingjim - 04-07-2020

"Will say no more..." Apart from a paragraph of snipe about the bloke just above.

Go fuck yourself.

RE: Boris gone to hospital - ElbowGrease1973 - 04-07-2020

(04-07-2020, 07:30 AM)boingingjim Wrote: Just put political alliance aside for a minute, he's a human with a family and new child on the way. All that needs to be said right now is "Get well soon".

This.

I'm on the other side of the political landscape, but wish Boris a speedy and full recovery. As a country we need our PM to help guide and lead us out of this situation, and although he's made mistakes, I think he's done a decent job up until now. More importantly, his family and loved ones need him to recover - You must be a callous and bitter person to wish for anything else, as he's hardly Hitler or Pol Pot.

RE: Boris gone to hospital - cornishbaggie - 04-07-2020

(04-07-2020, 07:41 AM)ElbowGrease1973 Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 07:30 AM)boingingjim Wrote: Just put political alliance aside for a minute, he's a human with a family and new child on the way. All that needs to be said right now is "Get well soon".

This.

I'm on the other side of the political landscape, but wish Boris a speedy and full recovery. As a country we need our PM to help guide and lead us out of this situation, and although he's made mistakes, I think he's done a decent job up until now. More importantly, his family and loved ones need him to recover - You must be a callous and bitter person to wish for anything else, as he's hardly Hitler or Pol Pot.

Of course he has done a decent job up until now, the problem is that if he walked on water, quite a few on here would sneer " it's just because he can't swim " and now to wish him ill beggars belief.

RE: Boris gone to hospital - Brentbaggie - 04-07-2020

To quote Plato or Ian MacLaren depending on which originator you prefer, "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."