Plucky old Dingles
Waited 35 years for that they did.
I thought I was watching a Buckley team. Backwards and square whilst achieving fuck all.
Meltdown on the mix.Relegation trouble, they say. :-D
Chorley still ahead on aggregate.....after 4 games.
Shock win tonight.
A real feeling that everyone at the Dingles has lost interest. The fickle six-fingered followers certainly see to have. It was always going to happen. I just thought it might last a bit longer. All those fireworks heralding the march to world football domination seem a long time ago already.

Hope I haven't jinxed it  Rolleyes
(01-23-2021, 10:16 AM)standitupbackstick Wrote: A real feeling that everyone at the Dingles has lost interest. The fickle six-fingered followers certainly see to have. It was always going to happen. I just thought it might last a bit longer. All those fireworks heralding the march to world football domination seem a long time ago already.

That's definitely the impression I get too
(01-23-2021, 10:16 AM)standitupbackstick Wrote: A real feeling that everyone at the Dingles has lost interest. The fickle six-fingered followers certainly see to have. It was always going to happen. I just thought it might last a bit longer. All those fireworks heralding the march to world football domination seem a long time ago already.

It seems the Premiership has already ground them down.

Other than the anomoly that is Leicester, breaking into the top 6 for more than a season has been beyond any other team. Sooner or later the reality hits that a top 10 finish and a cup run is the extent of your ambitions. We never gave the cup a real go, and as a fan you wonder what the point is. As an owner who's ploughing their own money in, those feelings must be significantly stronger.
I think they have a strong enough squad to stay up, I hate to say it, but after losing both Jota and Jiminez they hardly seem as threatening. Traore is fast but his end product leaves a lot to be desired. Could see them getting rid of Nuno at some point. I still hate them more than the Vile
(01-23-2021, 10:30 AM)ElbowGrease1973 Wrote:

It seems the Premiership has already ground them down.

Other than the anomoly that is Leicester, breaking into the top 6 for more than a season has been beyond any other team. Sooner or later the reality hits that a top 10 finish and a cup run is the extent of your ambitions. We never gave the cup a real go, and as a fan you wonder what the point is. As an owner who's ploughing their own money in, those feelings must be significantly stronger.

The appeal of the PL for the other 14 is definitely starting to pall.