Sawyers
98.4% passing accuracy on Saturday.
Going to be so crucial to this season
Has the highest number of completed passes in the champ. 5 th on the list is Bartley ?
Not a massive fan of pass completion rate as a stat to judge a player, as you're heavily dependent on the receiving player being able to read and receive the pass as much as the player making it. I imagine if we put Xavi into our midfield under Pulis his pass completion would be impacted by the lack of movement and technical ability of those around him.

For a player to hit the high 90s shows just how well our midfield is coming together, and how well we keep the ball moving.

Bartley's completion rate being as high as it is says a lot about Sawyers as most of KB's passes go to him!
We’ve gone from midfield being our weakest area to our strongest.
Sawyers is Premier League quality. He could quite easily play for someone like Bournemouth IMO
(08-19-2019, 12:24 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Not a massive fan of pass completion rate as a stat to judge a player, as you're heavily dependent on the receiving player being able to read and receive the pass as much as the player making it. I imagine if we put Xavi into our midfield under Pulis his pass completion would be impacted by the lack of movement and technical ability of those around him.

For a player to hit the high 90s shows just how well our midfield is coming together, and how well we keep the ball moving.

Bartley's completion rate being as high as it is says a lot about Sawyers as most of KB's passes go to him!

I agree. It depends if he`s keeping it relatively simple and just knocking it short into feet and keeping things ticking over or if he`s going to the other extreme of spraying Hoddle like passes and trying to find God.

An encouraging stat, nevertheless.
62 completed, out of 63 attempted. For those who care.

93.4% against Milwall. 71 completed out of 76 attempted.

86.4% against Forest. 57 completed out of 66 attempted.
Clarnet v2.0
(08-19-2019, 12:21 PM)Colmanspig_ Wrote: Has the highest number of completed passes in the champ. 5 th on the list is Bartley ?

TTITC would have stuck Bartley into midfield by now. 

Oh Kyle’s a smashing lad who’s willing to play anywhere. I thought we deserved a point thanks to his intelligent probings.  We had too many forwards on the pitch, to be fair
    That stat is more impressive when you look at this map, IMO