FAO Dreamkiller ..Stokes downfall started long ago...
(09-17-2019, 02:56 PM)ferencpuskas Wrote: Dreamkiller, one or two on here appear happy to see Stokes position, a view I don't subscribe to. I'm old school and hate to see  the traditional old clubs go down the nick and I'm with you. My dad's old Club, Bolton Wanderers, for whom he played for for 17 seasons, on 4 quid a week, are in dire straits, Bury another traditional Northern outfit have gone. Look down the Champ and League 1 and see how many great old names are scratting in the lower divs. The football that I knew and played has as a lad in the 50s and 60s, has gone , mores the pity, I hope you pick up mate! ferenc.

Cheers ferenc, I don't mind anyone revelling in our discomfort so long as they're OK with me. It's a shame if they go as far as to want us out of business, but it's a West Brom site so I just need to suck it up really.

Yeah, the game's gone for me. I've not watched a single Match of the Day this season and have almost zero interest in any European game. It's all been said now I suppose, but it's just about the money.

The plight of Bolton and Bury is really sad for their supporters, but in truth, I think they're just the start. How Port Vale continue to survive puzzles me, but give it 5 years or so and I can see them and another half a dozen clubs going out of business with a lower league restructure becoming necessary.

Fact is that unless you can aim to be the best then there's little point in just bumming around in the lower leagues. The younger generations will realise this and will just be syphoned off by the top 6, leaving their local teams to just fade away.

My mood would be lightened by a couple of Stoke wins I suppose, but other than meeting up with a couple of mates and having a bit of father/daughter time, the matches hold little relevance to me at the moment. 

I'm not as miserable as I sound. It's just sad to see what's happening to the game.

Messages In This Thread
RE: FAO Dreamkiller ..Stokes downfall started long ago... - by billybassett - 09-18-2019, 08:02 AM
RE: FAO Dreamkiller ..Stokes downfall started long ago... - by Dreamkiller - 09-17-2019, 03:27 PM