Wales
The 3rd place team being able to go through is an awful addition. Took the drama out of todays games.
Happened at Euro 2016. I actually think it adds to intrigue and no games are a “dead rubber” tbh
You would need 32 teams ,like the World Cup, to get rid of the 3rd placed teams or 8 groups of 3.
(06-20-2021, 07:23 PM)Super_Slav Wrote: Hal. Wow!

No wonder he’s been so successful as an entrepreneur.

Based on just how he comes across and his ability at Championship level I’d offer him a 12m deal.

The bloke comes across really well.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Based on just how he comes across and his ability at Championship level I’d offer him a 12m deal.

He told Dave his mind was going.

And that was 20 years ago.
(06-20-2021, 07:31 PM)Loanee Wrote:
(06-20-2021, 06:20 PM)wba13 Wrote: Good luck to Wales but how can a second place team play a second place team it’s unbalanced having 24 teams, but. Surely you should have to play a first place of a group. We win group we play France, Germany or Portugal something wrong with this system. I know you have to beat them all to win . But whoever thought of this group stage with 4 third place teams it’s not right.

If all the second placed teams play first placed teams, who do the best 3rd placed qualifiers play?

In the 8 ties making up the round of 16 2nd place play 2nd place in two of the games including both Wales and the 2nd place team in England’s group.  

Whether England win or finish 2nd in the group we play a 2nd place team, however on paper finishing 2nd gives the weaker opposition. It’s a little ill thought out really and trying to play out a tactical draw vs the Czech Republic, however risky a tactic this would be must be on the mind of Gareth Southgate

You know that the Albion are a football club and not a debating society?