Ticking along nicely
7 points from the first three matches.

Given that we’re still a month or two from gelling properly with players needing to get match fit, acclimatise to new surroundings, return from injury, get used to Slav’s methods, etc things aren't looking too bad. 

Keep plugging away for the next few weeks picking up points and we should be in a good position for when things really click.
I never truly buy the 'gelling' argument. Good players will link up together straight away. Look at how well Krovinovic and Sawyers have combined. They look like they've played with each other for years!

Yes keeping a consistent line up across the season will be beneficial, but as I said good players will play well together.

Anyway, it's definitely a good start. I'd have bitten your hand off for 7 points at this stage, I'd have taken 5 or 6 points from the first 3 games, if I'm honest. Also, 5 goals in 3 games isn't bad for a team who can't score...
Clarnet v2.0
(08-19-2019, 07:54 AM)KratosBaggie Wrote: I never truly buy the 'gelling' argument. Good players will link up together straight away. Look at how well Krovinovic and Sawyers have combined. They look like they've played with each other for years!

Yes keeping a consistent line up across the season will be beneficial, but as I said good players will play well together.

Anyway, it's definitely a good start. I'd have bitten your hand off for 7 points at this stage. I'd have take 5 or 6, if I'm honest. Also, 5 goals in 3 games isn't bad for a team who can't score...

There’s definitely still an aspect of “gelling” in the Forest game the players weren’t quite on the same wavelength at times, players were making runs that weren’t being spotted or releasing the ball at the wrong time. It takes a few games for everyone to click properly. That’s before you consider Austin missing most of pre-season, Hegazi being away then injured for all of it or Periera moving to a brand new country only a week ago. These players will need time to settle, get fit and gel.
Agreed Duffers. Suspect we will run our bollocks up the clock for more firepower in Jan this time if needed. Having sorted the midfield this season, the bits we will need to add should be more straight forward.
The return of Hegazi will make a big difference to the defence
(08-19-2019, 08:10 AM)HeathAyIt Wrote: Agreed Duffers. Suspect we will run our bollocks up the clock for more firepower in Jan this time if needed. Having sorted the midfield this season, the bits we will need to add should be more straight forward.

Did this make it into the lexicon?
In the form of his life.
(08-19-2019, 08:11 AM)Brandywell Wrote: The return of Hegazi will make a big difference to the defence

+1 - a huge loss.

Krovinovic has had preseason with his new team and looks like he’s been here forever, and Ajayi and Sawyers know this league well so have slotted in easily. 

Periera and Austin will need some time to acclimatise to this division and get shake off rustiness respectively, and Zohore needs to adapt from having the ball whacked 70yds at his head or to chase down the channels, so for us to be where we are so far is promising given we’ve probably not seen what half our summer signings can really do yet. 

7 points is probably a little ahead of where I expected, but I’d have expected 6 from our first 3 - 10 points from our first 5 games will represent a very good start.
Currently on target for 107 points!
It is a decent start and there are hopefully promising times to come, but after Wednesday, I'm still worried about our organisation at the back.

Plenty of teams in the Championship will be happy to rely on set pieces when playing at the Hawthorns, so we've got to be able to defend them. Hegazi returning will help, but we need to scrap zonal marking.
(08-19-2019, 09:00 AM)MGalea Wrote: Currently on target for 107 points!

I like the optimism!