Leko
That Sam Field tackle:

https://twitter.com/NFFC_U_REDS/status/1...76387?s=20
"Up front Leko scared them initially but they soon realised that if he beat them he'd come back around to try it again and they'd probably win it off him this time. He's strong, he's quick, and he's a surprisingly excellent crosser but as the game wore on he needed to drive at them and be direct instead of fannying about in a circle trying to beat his take-on high score"

Got his number quite quickly.
What I would say about Leko is that he has 2 assists already this season in the league.

If he continued at this rate throughout the season, which is unlikely, he would have an astonishing number of assists for the season.
(08-22-2019, 01:36 AM)Squid Wrote: That Sam Field tackle:

Ouch!
(08-22-2019, 07:51 AM)Sliced Wrote:
(08-22-2019, 01:36 AM)Squid Wrote: That Sam Field tackle:

Ouch!

About the kindest thing you could attempt to say is it was momentum from his earlier movement and he does actually get the ball first as it pings off the other guy, but then I'd have to put 2 sets of blinkers on....
(08-22-2019, 07:01 AM)richbaggie Wrote: "Up front Leko scared them initially but they soon realised that if he beat them he'd come back around to try it again and they'd probably win it off him this time. He's strong, he's quick, and he's a surprisingly excellent crosser but as the game wore on he needed to drive at them and be direct instead of fannying about in a circle trying to beat his take-on high score"

Very harsh assumption Rich! Kids seating and been involved with 3 assists in 3 games

Players go on loan to learn and develop, I’d say he’s learning fine

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(08-22-2019, 10:21 AM)Cuzer Wrote:
(08-22-2019, 07:01 AM)richbaggie Wrote: "Up front Leko scared them initially but they soon realised that if he beat them he'd come back around to try it again and they'd probably win it off him this time. He's strong, he's quick, and he's a surprisingly excellent crosser but as the game wore on he needed to drive at them and be direct instead of fannying about in a circle trying to beat his take-on high score"

Very harsh assumption Rich! Kids seating and been involved with 3 assists in 3 games

Players go on loan to learn and develop, I’d say he’s learning fine

Cuzer

Jon Leko is a wonderful talent. I think he will get better and better. I think he’s better out wide rather than centrally. Bowyer rates him too
2 assists, not 3, but it's still a decent return. Undoubtedly Leko has talent and we all want to see him develop. The problem at this point is that he's got the potential to do a lot of good things, but also does a lot of bad things. Hopefully at Charlton he can improve the ratio of good to bad