Phillips
Great news for the club, anyone who thought we should get rid is a retard
It's good news if we can see more of the Matt Phillips that played for the first half of last season. Less so if we get the one who played in the relegation season.
So we wouldn't give him a multiple year contract due to his age but now 10 years later we're happy to give him one. Peace out.
I would love to see him used in the number 10 position at home. With Diangana and Pereira wide, and a central 2 of Krovinovic and Sawyers. Means leaving out Jake, but at home when teams sit deep, he would give us more of a cutting edge up front. Plus I feel Krovinovic has the engine to be the box to box midfielder.
(08-31-2019, 12:52 PM)Wednesburybaggie Wrote: I would love to see him used in the number 10 position at home. With Diangana and Pereira wide, and a central 2 of Krovinovic and Sawyers. Means leaving out Jake, but at home when teams sit deep, he would give us more of a cutting edge up front. Plus I feel Krovinovic has the engine to be the box to box midfielder.

Slav has almost granted your wish today pal
(08-30-2019, 12:42 PM)Wednesburybaggie Wrote: Great news.....cue him now going on one of his 'unplayable ' runs.
You're not wrong!
His goal today was a great strikers goal. Lovely through ball from Pieriea but the way he held off His defender and cooly finished was a top strikets finish.

Given our problems at centre forward we could do worse to look at Matty. Especially as we have a lot of wide options.
(08-30-2019, 07:44 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Good decision to tie him down for a few more years.
If we decide to sell him on his value is always higher as long as he still is under a lengthy contract.
Superb player when he is on form, but he does have serious competition now. His place is no longer a given.
Fingers crossed he can stay fit and build his confidence level to a high.
I would like to see him tearing defenders up and a few goals wouldn't go amiss.

Matty keep it up, with confidence comes confidence and a hat full of goals.
He barged threw that guy like a young Jason Roberts.
(08-31-2019, 09:23 PM)Colmanspig_ Wrote: He barged threw that guy like a young Jason Roberts.

Cyrille , even.