Striker options
We clearly need a striker in January. Someone with pace ideally. What’s about? 

Gayle - obvious & 1st choice but I fear Forest,Bristol & many others would be in & it will go to last day in January.

Nketiah- on loan at Leeds but not getting starts. Talk of being recalled & going Bristol, a real finisher & would suit our style. 

Wells - Star for QPR but they would sell if any decent bid went in. Good at this level, probably not at a level above.

Any others ?
Depends if we have any money and if so how much we are prepared to spend , plenty of games between now and then so time for our fowards to hit a purple patch , but on the evidence so far , yes we do need a forward or two .
(10-23-2019, 07:24 AM)B36baggie Wrote: We clearly need a striker in January. Someone with pace ideally. What’s about? 

Gayle - obvious & 1st choice but I fear Forest,Bristol & many others would be in & it will go to last day in January.

Nketiah- on loan at Leeds but not getting starts. Talk of being recalled & going Bristol, a real finisher & would suit our style. 

Wells - Star for QPR but they would sell if any decent bid went in. Good at this level, probably not at a level above.

Any others ?

Nketiah is a strange one. Came on and scored last night and Leeds fans all love him and want him to start BUT Bielsa prefers Bamford. Can see him getting more game time.

We surely would be favourites for Gayle if we want him. We will offer a real chance of promotion over the likes of City and Forest and he also knows the area now and knows the supporters love him. Can't see why he'd choose somewhere else in the chump if we come in for him.

My only concern would be his fitness as I don't think he's kicked a ball yet this season.

Gayle would be my number one. I might also look at Vydra at Burnley on loan as he hardly ever gets a sniff.

I'm sure Big Slav will have a few little gems on his list too that we don't know about.

Also interesting to see how this youngster Diaby looks in the U23s and by all accounts Soule is playing very well and impressing.
(10-23-2019, 07:40 AM)Peachy Wrote: I'm sure Big Slav will have a few little gems on his list too that we don't know about.

I'm prepared to see who turns up in this catagory. Gayle played at the weekend iirc.
What about 'oooo I've hurt my arm' boy from Barnsley last night, looks like he knows where the goal is even when in limited space.
(10-23-2019, 07:51 AM)MassDebater Wrote: What about 'oooo I've hurt my arm' boy from Barnsley last night, looks like he knows where the goal is even when in limited space.

I think we were linked with him under Big Dave? Might have been Woodburn having said that.

Not a bad shout although he pissed me off last night with his bitching antics......
(10-23-2019, 08:11 AM)Peachy Wrote:
(10-23-2019, 07:51 AM)MassDebater Wrote: What about 'oooo I've hurt my arm' boy from Barnsley last night, looks like he knows where the goal is even when in limited space.

I think we were linked with him under Big Dave? Might have been Woodburn having said that.

Not a bad shout although he pissed me off last night with his bitching antics......

I didn't realise that he's got 13 in 24 for Barnsley... Contracted til 2022, so they may want a fair wedge... Still would think he'd be cheaper than some of the other options and he's only 24.
I suspect Gayle will stay at Newcastle. Just back fit. Bruce likes him. They will need him in their relegation struggle.
Is Vydra still at Burnley? Always seems to score goals in the Championship.

He's not a bad player and never has been, was very highly rated when he went to Fulham but his seemed to find a good level with Barnsley. Think he scored 17 for them last season when gaining promotion but did have an injury spell.

He's got 5 this season but I've watched Barnsley a 2 or 3 times this season now and every time I watch them, he's their main danger man but he misses an absolute hatful when he should score. On another night, he have failed to score with both those chances and looked ordinary.
(10-23-2019, 08:57 AM)Lightnin Wrote:

He's not a bad player and never has been, was very highly rated when he went to Fulham but his seemed to find a good level with Barnsley. Think he scored 17 for them last season when gaining promotion but did have an injury spell.

He's got 5 this season but I've watched Barnsley a 2 or 3 times this season now and every time I watch them, he's their main danger man but he misses an absolute hatful when he should score. On another night, he have failed to score with both those chances and looked ordinary.

Fair points, I've never seen him before.

We could do worse than giving Willock or Cheikh (I've forgotten his name) a try... at least see if either of them has anything offer, before we splash the cash.