Our very parochial starting team
Just realised today aside of our Brazilian wizard the whole team on Saturday that started the game were from this country. 
It’s almost like 40 years ago when foreign stars were a rarity. 
Personally, I really like this as it shows what’s possible for the kids watching. 
I’m all for world talent gracing our stadia and would lived to have seen the likes of Maradona rocking up when I was a lad, but it’s healthy for the game do many British lads getting through, not to mention the lads from the W Mids we have in the squad.
That is Good news. Very good. And rare these days.

Personally I think there should be a maximum of 4 or 5 overseas players in a team - and none of this total BS about people who have played here for a few years counting as homegrown. If they aint born in the uK, they aint homegrown.

Of course the PL and others would never allow that. W'nkers.
(10-29-2019, 08:23 PM)Bloke who lives abroad Wrote: That is Good news. Very good. And rare these days.

Personally I think there should be a maximum of 4 or 5 overseas players in a team - and none of this total BS about people who have played here for a few years counting as homegrown. If they aint born in the uK, they aint homegrown.

Send the buggers back!
(10-29-2019, 08:23 PM)Bloke who lives abroad Wrote: That is Good news. Very good. And rare these days.

So the likes of Leko wouldn't class as homegrown?
(10-30-2019, 09:20 AM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote:

In fairness Leko has been in The U.K. since he was 8 and in our system since he was 11. That should class as Home Grown.

However PL rules mean players like Fabregas who arrived at Arsenal aged 15 classify as HG.

(10-30-2019, 09:20 AM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote:

In fairness Leko has been in The U.K. since he was 8 and in our system since he was 11. That should class as Home Grown.

However PL rules mean players like Fabregas who arrived at Arsenal aged 15 classify as HG.
Leko and so on count as homegrown for me. No problems with that.

As Lightnin' says, its the total BS that Fabregas is "homegrown" that is just plain wrong.

It's pretty obviouos that, as things stand, the rules are bollox.