So where are we then
Brexit?

Churchill puts it better than any of us today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEI5KNOAaes
(10-31-2019, 10:44 AM)The liquidator Wrote: I would probably still vote tory on the basis best of a bad bunch I dont like wasting a vote and there is nobody else to vote for .

And that's fair enough - let me change the question around a bit. If the Tories were pushing to Remain in the EU but every other policy that they have stayed the same would you still vote for them?

(10-31-2019, 10:48 AM)Bloke who lives abroad Wrote: Brexit?

Churchill puts it better than any of us today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEI5KNOAaes

Thanks for posting that Bloke - if we had anything like a decent remain group of politicians I would imagine I'd have seen that a long time before now!
I wouldn't vote for them that's your answer ...my wages are stagnated due to other things but with with eu migrants is a big factor .I work with a polish bloke pavel I like him more than my english work mates and he is even pissed off with his wages stagnated but as he said I cant say fuck them off as I'm here but fully understands what is happening and why ...we joke about it's his last shift etc but that's because he is just more than a work mate
Thanks Liq, and everyone has to vote on what they see in front of them. When there was a big influx of EU workers, probably about 15 years ago a mate of mine found it harder to find work (he's a chippy) so he moved his family to Perth, WA. I do think there are a lot of shocks to come with this current bunch if they are voted back in, they've lied throughout the campaign and are misdirecting the attention to win vote.
All ivectried is to be honest and upfront I'm no racist I'm probably one of the most easy going blokes out there who would do anything for his mates in a hour of need what ever creed or colour they are and others who know me on here personally would say the same HOPEFULLY lol .......great debate pal
(10-31-2019, 10:16 AM)tiptontown Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 10:08 AM)baggy1 Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 09:47 AM)The liquidator Wrote: You forget I was around before when we had a labour government in the 70's I loved the power cuts 3/4 times a week while I was trying to do my homework

I would imagine that we have moved on a bit since then Liq. Fuck me, you'll be mentioning Aden next.

Pedantic I know, but the power cuts were under the Ted Heath Tory government.
So, to clarify, were the power cuts taking place under a Labour Government or a Tory Government ?

Three Day Weeks.    Was that a good Tory thing or a bad Labour thing?
I was fucking 8 ffs

The thing is what you dont get benny I dont like labour or tory or any of the parties but it's like choosing which parent to shoot first either way your fucked ...but vote for labour with a front bench .of corbyn , abbott , mcdonell , thornberry and then you have fish wife Phillip's and the good old racist lammy stirring the pot ..........you want them cretins ru ming the country .........its the equivalent of having Brian little in charge with pulis and pardew as his sidekicks
Using that analysis Boris isn't exactly Pep, he's more Barry Fry than Klippety Klop
He has got more done in 3 months than that idiot has done in 3 years he ain't brilliant but he has done more mate
(10-31-2019, 02:20 PM)Baggybenny Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 10:16 AM)tiptontown Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 10:08 AM)baggy1 Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 09:47 AM)The liquidator Wrote: You forget I was around before when we had a labour government in the 70's I loved the power cuts 3/4 times a week while I was trying to do my homework

I would imagine that we have moved on a bit since then Liq. Fuck me, you'll be mentioning Aden next.

Pedantic I know, but the power cuts were under the Ted Heath Tory government.
So, to clarify, were the power cuts taking place under a Labour Government or a Tory Government ?

Three Day Weeks.    Was that a good Tory thing or a bad Labour thing?
Now my memory is a bit scetchy but I remember power cuts during the Callaghan government I also remember my old dad being at home mire than usual when I was little but not sure who was in power then, there has been good and bad governments of both parties down the years imho, I would love to believe Corbyins  pledge to rebuild the country but his eutopian ideal of an equal society just never works there will always be rich there will always be poor unfortunately, he tries to be all things to all and it just dose'nt work in practice plus how are they going to finance all of the proposed pledges just increasing taxes for the super rich and big corporations will only scratch the surface and that's assuming everyone gladly pays up which we all know won't happen so where is the money going to come from? No doubt other taxes will eventually have to rise at some  point so why not just be honest and say in order to achieve these goals income tax,. Nat inns will have to rise people would then have a genuinely honest choice of who to vote for I would certainly get more respect from me and as for the tories they are as bad , so l really do not have a clue how I am going to vote, this is a genuine question regarding funding btw.