Top 5 decent bands who sometimes release shit albums, why...
(10-31-2019, 03:38 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote: Bands on drugs make better music than bands that are not. Discuss.

Stevie recorded Passion and Warfare straight - which begs the question of how out there would it be if he was on summat?
(10-31-2019, 04:54 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 04:42 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote: The last decent Foo's album was One by One (2002) everything since has been dog shit.

I thought the last but one (Wasted Light?) was alright. They are terrible for hiding shite output behind one or two killer singles every album.

I haven't even liked any of their singles since the album I mentioned to be honest. I saw them live around 2008 last I think and they were brilliant but I just can't connect with any of their music any more. Going through the motions I think is the phrase.

That's just reminded me of a band I need to mention in this perspective. 

Incubus. Fuck me, another band where their first 4 albums are up there with some of my favourites. They've now turned into some radio friendly bollocks that is reminiscent of maroon 5. Again I saw them a year or so ago and thankfully they played most of their older stuff which was brilliant. I'm sure midge can back me on this one?!
Weezer. The worst band to ever release two brilliant albums (the first two). Everything else has been gash, except for the odd song.
(10-31-2019, 08:00 PM)Mr vertical Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 03:38 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote: Bands on drugs make better music than bands that are not. Discuss.

Stevie recorded Passion and Warfare straight - which begs the question of how out there would it be if he was on summat?

Hmmm, he must have had a good time in Zappa and whitesnake though. He definitely seems to blur the lines in this thread.
In the form of his life.
(10-31-2019, 09:00 PM)Arti Wrote: Weezer.  The worst band to ever release two brilliant albums (the first two).  Everything else has been gash, except for the odd song.

If you look hard enough there are 2 or 3 other decent to good ones in there, although not up to the level of the first two. However some (particularly in recent years) have been truly terrible
(10-31-2019, 03:05 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: 1. REM
2. Foo Fighters
3. Green Day
4. Oasis
5. Depeche Mode
6. Dingle Midnight Runners

TBF R.E.M were incredible until Automatic. Everything they did throughout the 80's was brilliant. Even their duffer album Fables had some brilliant tracks on it. Life's Rich, Document, Green and Murmour are still some of my favourite albums of all time.

Monster was the beginning of the end and they then gradually just shitter. Shame. Stipes voice is still so distinctive. Love it.
It's the mark of an artist to produce a gem, and do it again after delivering some less good material.

Trying to think of a good example.
(11-01-2019, 08:34 AM)Sliced Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 09:00 PM)Arti Wrote: Weezer.  The worst band to ever release two brilliant albums (the first two).  Everything else has been gash, except for the odd song.

If you look hard enough there are 2 or 3 other decent to good ones in there, although not up to the level of the first two. However some (particularly in recent years) have been truly terrible

Blue, Pinkerton, Green, Red and White albums all good. Teal is ok, the rest especially the new one are schite.
In the form of his life.
(10-31-2019, 07:37 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 03:29 PM)Ministry Of Silly Signings Wrote: Jefferson Airplane made five classics, then made `Bark`, which was rubbish.
Likewise, The Stones did `Beggars Banquet`, `Let It Bleed`, Sticky Fingers`,`Exile On Main St`. Then made `Goats Head Soup`. Bang average.

Great album." Winter" is one of their best songs. "Angie".      The Black and Blue album, I'll give you though.
Ryan Adams can be hit and miss, from sublime to pure crap. Also Bowie, Neil Young, Lou Reed....no one is perfect.

Totally agree on `Angie` & maybe `Winter`. Just felt the rest was not up to the previous albums. For me personally, `Let it Bleed` was their best.
You mention Neil Young, he is one that I can never really get into. I have all his albums with Buffalo Springfield, and have his first two solo albums, `Neil Young` & `Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere`, love both, but can`t honestly say I like his other albums, apart from the odd classic track.
(11-01-2019, 09:11 AM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 08:34 AM)Sliced Wrote:

Blue, Pinkerton, Green, Red and White albums all good. Teal is ok, the rest especially the new one are schite.

Everything will be alright in the end was a return to form also IMO, the last two original albums are tragic