West Ham Fans
If we left the shrine, I can say with hand on heart, I would never go again, I miss all the old grounds I have visited over the last 50 years and that are now gone.
(01-26-2020, 02:07 PM)sickParrot Wrote: What was behind the move DK?

The land sat empty until recently?

All-seater regulations mostly I think, plus the old girl was falling massively into disrepair. 

The owners (the same ones who are now multi-billionaires) didn't have a pot to piss in. The repair/rebuild which would have entailed diverting the River Trent around a larger stand would all have had to be paid for by the owners. But they received massive government grants to build a new stadium. There wasn't really any option at the time. 

As it was, we still had to sell Sheron to complete the work which meant we ended up being relegated to the third tier at the end of the first season at the new ground. When we clusterfuck, we clusterfuck properly.

Any Stokie who was at the final league game at the Vic (against you guys) will never forget the absolute gut-wrenching feeling at the end. Tears everywhere. No one wanted to leave the ground. I left the ground then turned back and went back in again 5 minutes later for one last time.

Fuck knows what's happened with the empty land now.
(01-26-2020, 05:09 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(01-26-2020, 02:07 PM)sickParrot Wrote: What was behind the move DK?

The land sat empty until recently?

All-seater regulations mostly I think, plus the old girl was falling massively into disrepair. 

The owners (the same ones who are now multi-billionaires) didn't have a pot to piss in. The repair/rebuild which would have entailed diverting the River Trent around a larger stand would all have had to be paid for by the owners. But they received massive government grants to build a new stadium. There wasn't really any option at the time. 

As it was, we still had to sell Sheron to complete the work which meant we ended up being relegated to the third tier at the end of the first season at the new ground. When we clusterfuck, we clusterfuck properly.

Any Stokie who was at the final league game at the Vic (against you guys) will never forget the absolute gut-wrenching feeling at the end. Tears everywhere. No one wanted to leave the ground. I left the ground then turned back and went back in again 5 minutes later for one last time.

Fuck knows what's happened with the empty land now.

Its a Taylor Wimpy rabbit hutch site at the moment
(01-26-2020, 04:11 PM)shadman Wrote: They've definitely got some dickheads. Walking from the train we're directed "away fans this way". All quite impressive I thought only to meet the same West Ham supporters at the turnstile. Ludicrous. Then Albion fans are exchanging punches with West Ham as we're queuing up to get searched. What's the search all about - complete waste of time.

Saw this on bridge 5, was a mix of both fans. Took ages to get past and through security.

(01-26-2020, 05:09 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: Any Stokie who was at the final league game at the Vic (against you guys) will never forget the absolute gut-wrenching feeling at the end. Tears everywhere. No one wanted to leave the ground. I left the ground then turned back and went back in again 5 minutes later for one last time.

I google it earlier, tears everywhere but a routine win against a local rival. Tongue
(01-26-2020, 07:19 PM)sickParrot Wrote:
(01-26-2020, 04:11 PM)shadman Wrote: They've definitely got some dickheads. Walking from the train we're directed "away fans this way". All quite impressive I thought only to meet the same West Ham supporters at the turnstile. Ludicrous. Then Albion fans are exchanging punches with West Ham as we're queuing up to get searched. What's the search all about - complete waste of time.

Saw this on bridge 5, was a mix of both fans. Took ages to get past and through security.

(01-26-2020, 05:09 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: Any Stokie who was at the final league game at the Vic (against you guys) will never forget the absolute gut-wrenching feeling at the end. Tears everywhere. No one wanted to leave the ground. I left the ground then turned back and went back in again 5 minutes later for one last time.

I google it earlier, tears everywhere but a routine win against a local rival.  Tongue

What’s Bridge 5?

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers

I google it earlier, tears everywhere but a routine win against a local rival.  Tongue

It felt fitting.  Big Grin
(01-26-2020, 07:42 PM)Cuzer Wrote:

What’s Bridge 5?

Cuzer

The one nearest to the orbit tower which was the signposted route for entrance d.

(01-26-2020, 08:05 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: It felt fitting.  Big Grin

Aye it
(01-26-2020, 09:22 PM)sickParrot Wrote:
(01-26-2020, 07:42 PM)Cuzer Wrote:

What’s Bridge 5?

Cuzer

The one nearest to the orbit tower which was the signposted route for entrance d
That will probably break his mind