Match thread
(01-28-2020, 09:30 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(01-28-2020, 09:27 PM)Toby Jugg Wrote: Unforgivable, fucking unforgivable. Terrible decision making, terrible choices, all wrong,wrong,wrong. Predicted  the outcome of both situations. It's fucking obvious. Playing out from the back, FUCK RIGHT OFF!

I said it after game 1last season, Sunday view hasn't changed.

Unless you are a world class team, then don't do it.

Sheff Utd do it.

Villa did it last season on that run under Smith many on here spaffed over.

It's fine to do when the time is right, part of that is knowing when to belt it forward to. We've actually only conceded a couple of goals from it this season. Our problem is lack of organisation in defence, a failure to choose the right pass in the final third and wasting chances.
(01-28-2020, 09:30 PM)billybassett Wrote: No hiding after tonight. These haven't won a game in the league since mid Dec. All that positivity after Saturday gone in a flash.

Play the same side with the same tactics you get the same result.

No way Johnstone or Bartley should be near the team again. 2 seasons 2 managers same players. Got to go both of them. And don't get me started about the wonderkid Sawyers he's brilliant in his own half offers nothing anywhere else.

Agree, with our creative players out the side we can't just try and play the same way, it doesn't work.

I worry about Slav's ability to turn things round once on the slide

(01-28-2020, 09:34 PM)Lightnin Wrote: We’ve put 30 crosses over tonight and I can’t remember more than one or two causing any issues.

Sounds exactly like the Stoke game
We’ve put 30 crosses over tonight and I can’t remember more than one or two causing any issues.
4 points from the last 7 games. Good job se have points in the bag
Fuck’s sake!!! Flicked over to see if the penalties have started to see the Seals celebrating a 93rd min winner.

One of those nights...
(01-28-2020, 09:30 PM)billybassett Wrote: No hiding after tonight. These haven't won a game in the league since mid Dec. All that positivity after Saturday gone in a flash.

No way Johnstone or Bartley should be near the team again. 2 seasons 2 managers same players. Got to go both of them. And don't get me started about the wonderkid Sawyers he's brilliant in his own half offers nothing anywhere else.

How do you blame Johnson!
And who tells them to play out from the back!,
Are we going to blame Jones?
(01-28-2020, 09:24 PM)boingingbaggie Wrote: You know who gets the blame for that goal? Bilic

Fucking useless. The goalkeeper should never play it there, Bartley should lamp it and we manage to do that.

We’ve persisted with that stupid tactic all season, it’s cost us a damn sight more goals than we’ve scored from it. I have serious reservations about Slav after this. It’s the same fugging mistakes over and over. Never mind forward players, we should be signing a bloody good centre half and goalkeeper

Not down to manager, that was just rank poor play from the keeper and CB.  SJ got himself all caught up with the Cardiff player and showed zero fucking composure playing out a terrible ball to Bartley....he should have been savvy enough to realise he'd been sold a pup and gone long.   Unforgivable from the keeper for me.
(01-28-2020, 09:36 PM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote:

How do you blame Johnson!
And who tells them to play out from the back!,
Are we going to blame Jones?

He provides zero confidence to the defence. Takes no pressure off them coming for anything and is about as good with a ball at his feet as my gran. Get a proper keeper and a proper centre half
Lost for words. A side so impressive and comfortable a few weeks ago to one so fragile and inept now.
Gutless, characterless bunch of c**ts.