Italy
When were they put into lock down?

The rate of infections and deaths still seems to be rocketing. 

Nearly 100,000 infections and just shy of 11,000 dead.
Let’s remember the guy yesterday saying if we have less than 20000 deaths we have done well
Whilst the figures in Italy are hideous on first sight, bear in mind they seem to have stabilised at several hundred a day, so it is a sign that the impact of social distancing is working.
I thought the level of deaths, and new infections, whilst high, had been falling for 3 days?
Mobile phone tracking and surveillance of units in Italy are being used to gain information. On the first weekend of the Total lockdown 40% of people ignored it in Lombardy the epicentre of the virus. Lets hope that the morons in this country who think it's only flu aren't doing the same.
(03-29-2020, 05:49 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote: Mobile phone tracking and surveillance of units in Italy are being used to gain information. On the first weekend of the Total lockdown 40% of people ignored it in Lombardy the epicentre of the virus. Lets hope that the morons in this country who think it's only flu aren't doing the same.

Deeleys isn’t saying much at the minute on his views.
I think most of us are honest enough to admit our personal view on this has changed considerably in recent weeks.
(03-29-2020, 05:52 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(03-29-2020, 05:49 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote: Mobile phone tracking and surveillance of units in Italy are being used to gain information. On the first weekend of the Total lockdown 40% of people ignored it in Lombardy the epicentre of the virus. Lets hope that the morons in this country who think it's only flu aren't doing the same.

I think most of us are honest enough to admit our personal view on this has changed considerably in recent weeks.
Its a shame it has taken us to get to this for people to wake up to the evidence.
Fuck his sensitivities.
3 weeks in lock down in Italy i believe and they are now about the "turn the curve"

The reason the death rate is so high is that they are the nation with the highest amount of elderley people (in the world I think, not just Europe)

They also have more people living under one roof per capita hence it has spread like wild fire and has a higher death rate there than everywhere else.
(03-29-2020, 06:01 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote:
(03-29-2020, 05:52 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:

Its a shame it has taken us to get to this for people to wake up to the evidence.
Fuck his sensitivities.

Can’t argue Swag.  The numbers are frightening
How many people believe this is an airborne virus ?
It could explain as to why the Chinese have been using snow blowers, helecopters, etc to discinfect areas.
Places with air con - such as cruise ships and office blocks, etc could easily spread the virus.
The social distancing has now become essential and the gap increased to 2 metres ?
The spread rate is greater then anything we have seen in the past.
Obviously no concrete facts support that's it's an airborne virus, but I don't see much to dismiss the idea.