6 Month Lockdown
Is what the news is reporting.

While we are going to have to do what we have to do. Why no talk of testing? It's the best way to get on top of this thing.

Those with immunity can get on with doing whatever they can, carriers can be isolated and those that have not been exposed will know they need to be extra careful and respond as required.

The government while doing a good job are not focusing enough on testing. They need to invest everything they can on this IMO.
Well the words used in the update briefing and the way I understood it were something along the lines of "there will be a review every three weeks for 6 months"
Now that could include things being eased in that period if it is justified.
Testing of NHS and other frontline workers would be very beneficial to prevent unnecessary quarantines. An antibody test to see if people have *or have had it* might be worthwhile. But largescale antigen testing is pretty pointless. No surprise to see Blair support it. After all, he always supports invasive action.
(03-29-2020, 05:55 PM)HomersBelly Wrote: Is what the news is reporting.

While we are going to have to do what we have to do. Why no talk of testing? It's the best way to get on top of this thing.

Those with immunity can get on with doing whatever they can, carriers can be isolated and those that have not been exposed will know they need to be extra careful and respond as required.

The government while doing a good job are not focusing enough on testing. They need to invest everything they can on this IMO.

Its what the news are reporting to enhance their agenda but that isn't what is being said.

The anticipation is that the level of measures will be adjusted according to the level of spread, This policy will remain in force for at least 6 months.
They picked up on the fact that they could not say either way because they don't know. 
The MMS are desperate to whip up public reaction, fears and panic.
It's just speculation, albeit based on what we all can see.
(03-29-2020, 06:00 PM)tiptontown Wrote: Well the words used in the update briefing and the way I understood it were something along the lines of "there will be a review every three weeks for 6 months"
Now that could include things being eased in that period if it is justified.

That's the way I understood it. The curve should flatten in 2-3 weeks, which will be the peak, the effect of lockdown sees the curve reduce and measures are gradually relaxed after 2-3 months. Back to normal in 6 months. I think mass gatherings will be towards the end of the period.

No, they're not. Although that will probably be the headline in the Daily Mail tomorrow.
There was no mention at all of a six month lockdown in what I read.

I read it as taking six months for things to return completely to normal, they’ll need to bring everything back in stages to prevent another surge in cases.
(03-29-2020, 06:35 PM)74bus Wrote:

No, they're not. Although that will probably be the headline in the Daily Mail tomorrow.

Self testing for anti bodies will be the game changer, in my opinion
Testing as many people as possible will / would give a clearer picture of where we are as a nation in terms of infection. It would help target hot spots and allow health and support bodies to act accordingly. Not knowing what the real picture is, cannot be helpful to trying to contain or reduce it.