Italy
(03-29-2020, 06:01 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote:
(03-29-2020, 05:52 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(03-29-2020, 05:49 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote: Mobile phone tracking and surveillance of units in Italy are being used to gain information. On the first weekend of the Total lockdown 40% of people ignored it in Lombardy the epicentre of the virus. Lets hope that the morons in this country who think it's only flu aren't doing the same.

Deeleys isn’t saying much at the minute on his views.
I think most of us are honest enough to admit our personal view on this has changed considerably in recent weeks.
Its a shame it has taken us to get to this for people to wake up to the evidence.
Fuck his sensitivities.

Why you always so angry dude?
It interesting that Italy & the UK had their first confirmed cases on the same day 30th January. Ours a Chinese couple in York, Italy's in Rome.
(03-29-2020, 07:21 PM)Black Lake Victoria Wrote: It interesting that Italy & the UK had their first confirmed cases on the same day 30th January. Ours a Chinese couple in York, Italy's in Rome.

We should have shut the fucking borders, or strict 14 days quarantine for anyone coming in.

We kept rabies off our shores for years, yet we let people come in from Corona hit countries, and dont test them?
(03-29-2020, 07:30 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(03-29-2020, 07:21 PM)Black Lake Victoria Wrote: It interesting that Italy & the UK had their first confirmed cases on the same day 30th January. Ours a Chinese couple in York, Italy's in Rome.

We should have shut the fucking borders, or strict 14 days quarantine for anyone coming in.

We kept rabies off our shores for years, yet we let people come in from Corona hit countries, and dont test them?

Very idealistic armed with hindsight. This has spread everywhere pretty quickly and damage limitation is the game now. 
Germany seem to be the ones getting the best handle on it.
(03-29-2020, 06:45 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: How many people believe this is an airborne virus ?
It could explain as to why the Chinese have been using snow blowers, helecopters, etc to discinfect areas.
Places with air con - such as cruise ships and office blocks, etc could easily spread the virus.
The social distancing has now become essential and the gap increased to 2 metres ?
The spread rate is greater then anything we have seen in the past.
Obviously no concrete facts support that's it's an airborne virus, but I don't see much to dismiss the idea.

It is airbourne when a carrier sneezes or cough. It can suspend itself in air drops (aerosols) for up to 3 hours I read. Before landing on a surface or dying out.

We can't just close the doors, some items still have to come in and go out of the country.
Foods - drinks - drugs - medical supplies - etc the list is endless tbh and they must continue to flow.
This equates to hundreds of lorries and vans every day.
(03-29-2020, 07:37 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:

Very idealistic armed with hindsight. This has spread everywhere pretty quickly and damage limitation is the game now. 
Germany seem to be the ones getting the best handle on it.
We are surrounded by sea  it kept the Germans out !
(03-29-2020, 07:38 PM)HomersBelly Wrote:
(03-29-2020, 06:45 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: How many people believe this is an airborne virus ?
It could explain as to why the Chinese have been using snow blowers, helecopters, etc to discinfect areas.
Places with air con - such as cruise ships and office blocks, etc could easily spread the virus.
The social distancing has now become essential and the gap increased to 2 metres ?
Obviously no concrete facts support that's it's an airborne virus, but I don't see much to dismiss the idea.

It is airbourne when a carrier sneezes or cough. It can suspend itself in air drops (aerosols) for up to 3 hours I read. Before landing on a surface or dying out.

The reason we want to slow it down is because in the summer it will only last 3 minutes rather than 3 hours as it’s suggested it won’t cope as well with warmer conditions. Still highly contagious and dangerous but to a lesser risk.
(03-29-2020, 08:29 PM)Lightnin Wrote:
(03-29-2020, 07:38 PM)HomersBelly Wrote:

The reason we want to slow it down is because in the summer it will only last 3 minutes rather than 3 hours as it’s suggested it won’t cope as well with warmer conditions. Still highly contagious and dangerous but to a lesser risk.

I'm not sure that is proven, it's as warm as our summer in many countries at the moment and Iran for example is suffering big infection rates.
And when I said "airborne" I was NOT referring to sneezing and coughing more just normal breathing. As you would see from peoples breath on a cold day.
Isnt it UV rather than heat that kills it?