Mrs Super Kev
(05-05-2020, 08:43 AM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(05-05-2020, 08:37 AM)Gzbaggy Wrote: Rather than the view from Reynolds Close across Weston Road, an area famed for it's roof top Xmas decorations!

They named a street after the Reynolds Girls?

Cripes.

They'd rather jack................
(05-05-2020, 08:44 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(05-05-2020, 08:37 AM)Gzbaggy Wrote: Rather than the view from Reynolds Close across Weston Road, an area famed for it's roof top Xmas decorations!

Cripes.

I don't think their music has aged particularly well.

Mind you, Fleetwood Mac, Pink Floyd and the Rolling Stones, all referenced in their smash hit, also faded into obscurity.

But, on balance, the RGs have a stronger legacy as they have a street named after them.
(05-05-2020, 08:50 AM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(05-05-2020, 08:44 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

Cripes.

I don't think their music has aged particularly well.

Mind you, Fleetwood Mac, Pink Floyd and the Rolling Stones, all referenced in their smash hit, also faded into obscurity.

But, on balance, the RGs have a stronger legacy as they have a street named after them.

More kids exploited by the music business.
Fleetwood Mac come from the other end of Lichfield, the more affluent Birmingham Road side
(05-05-2020, 08:29 AM)Ossian Wrote: "Mrs Phillips can see rolling fields, a wood and a championship golf course and a paddock with a horse, dogs roaming free and chickens from her home..."

Journo just having a Wordsworth moment there. Lockdown fever.

First thought that sprung to mind when seeing this was the team-building episode in the Office:

"Erm, fox, chicken - carnage!"
Championship golf course? Having lived near there for many years, I think the journo is either using poetic license or a fu##ing great telescope.
Definitely not out scoring a bit of sniff.
https://talkaboutpopmusic.com/2018/06/02...lds-girls/
I bet my signed album's worth a bob or two.
It's not the side of town you'd expect to find her visiting.