Private sector to the rescue...
Sorry Proth but Dekka is right, (don’t faint Dek at me agreeing with you).

A devious, dishonest and incompetent company should not be considered for government contracts.
(05-07-2020, 09:26 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Your plain dislike of the NHS is clear and is ideological so the idea your decision making is rational and pragmatic on pretty much any political decision is nonsense. You are so far down the Tory rabbit hole you’ll defend almost anything they do. As I say rationality has absolutely no place in the decisions you deem are acceptable or not.

You are ok with the government employing a company that screwed the tax payer to handle looking after the lives indirectly of members of our country. Your reasoning we are desperate... that speaks volumes to the handling of this crisis we find ourselves in.

My dislike of the NHS as institution is perfectly rational. It doesn't mean I hold any personal grudge against doctors or nurses, neither is it anything to do with being a Tory or not.

Neither am I particularly "OK" with Serco. Desperate times = desperate measures. We fought with Stalin in World War 2 FFS, no doubt you would have had a problem with that too.
(05-07-2020, 10:58 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 09:26 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Your plain dislike of the NHS is clear and is ideological so the idea your decision making is rational and pragmatic on pretty much any political decision is nonsense. You are so far down the Tory rabbit hole you’ll defend almost anything they do. As I say rationality has absolutely no place in the decisions you deem are acceptable or not.

You are ok with the government employing a company that screwed the tax payer to handle looking after the lives indirectly of members of our country. Your reasoning we are desperate... that speaks volumes to the handling of this crisis we find ourselves in.

My dislike of the NHS as institution is perfectly rational. It doesn't mean I hold any personal grudge against doctors or nurses, neither is it anything to do with being a Tory or not.

Neither am I particularly "OK" with Serco. Desperate times = desperate measures. We fought with Stalin in World War 2 FFS, no doubt you would have had a problem with that too.

A desperate reply to defend the indefensible.
(05-07-2020, 12:12 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: A desperate reply to defend the indefensible.

An vacuuous response to defend the irrational.
(05-08-2020, 09:44 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 12:12 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: A desperate reply to defend the indefensible.

An vacuuous response to defend the irrational.

Great start
Yes, utterly stupid and completely avoidable. The public sector has never had a single data breach, clearly.
(05-20-2020, 09:29 AM)Protheroe Wrote: Yes, utterly stupid and completely avoidable. The public sector has never had a single data breach, clearly.
No, they’re quite happy to sell a lot of personal data to amongst others.

providers of goods and services, !
financial organisations,
The debt collection and tracing agencies,
private investigators, !
Press and the media, !
professional advisors and consultants,
professional bodies,
voluntary and charitable organisations,
religious organisations, !
data processors,
World beating....

Faster than erm..