Football commentators racial bias.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53226508
Where will it ever stop? All I know is we have a load of non white players and they have their own attributes. Meanwhile, guessing most people on here are white, the player who gets the most stick is our white goalkeeper.
It really concerns me that the whole black lives matter thing is pushing things back and dividing people.
(06-30-2020, 11:05 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Where will it ever stop? All I know is we have a load of non white players and they have their own attributes. Meanwhile, guessing most people on here are white, the player who gets the most stick is our white goalkeeper.
It really concerns me that the whole black lives matter thing is pushing things back and dividing people.

The way some on here laud Sam Field (very average lower chump at best) and slate Rakeem Harper (not saying he is any better or worse) puts the lie to that.
(06-30-2020, 11:07 AM)rsbaggy2 Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 11:05 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Where will it ever stop? All I know is we have a load of non white players and they have their own attributes. Meanwhile, guessing most people on here are white, the player who gets the most stick is our white goalkeeper.

The way some on here laud Sam Field (very average lower chump at best) and slate Rakeem Harper (not saying he is any better or worse) puts the lie to that.
Maybe they are doing it as that is what they think and nothing to do with colour. BLM has re-opened old wounds.
Was Ron Atkinson's comments about Desailley part of the research?
Hundreds of years of inequality has divided people not the movement bringing that fact into the light.
Interesting to see Matt LeTissier announce that he is in talks with Sky about wearing a Black Lives Matter badge. In essence he supports the phrase Black Lives Matter but not so much the movement.

Karl Henry (ex Wolves) has also taken a swipe at BLM saying a new inclusive and politically neutral anti-racism movement is needed.

I wondered when people would start to stand up and comment. It was interesting to see that Pereira from Watford didn't kneel in their first game back. Not noticed if he has since as I missed their games.
(06-30-2020, 11:07 AM)rsbaggy2 Wrote:

Don’t forget despite his spectacular ordinariness Sam is one of our own
Remember a great bit of commentators bias in the 2010 World Cup. The BBC bloke going on constantly about how great African football is and shouting `Oh no, surely not` when Ghana got knocked out by Uruguay.
(06-30-2020, 11:28 AM)MGalea Wrote: Hundreds of years of inequality has divided people not the movement bringing that fact into the light.

Spot on.
In the form of his life.