Summer Transfer Window Thread
(07-30-2020, 11:03 PM)Begley Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 10:08 PM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 09:32 PM)Dumbo Wrote: @chrislepkowski
Unrealistic. Not sure it is sinking in how little we will have to spend (unless you are factoring in sales). Above all else we need someone to score goals

@wbareport
Is what John Percy claims about a £20M transfer budget true then?

@chrislepkowski
Absolutely. Perce isn't spoon fed by club. He will have had that piece stood up by several sources. I think he said 'more than 20m' so 25m would be realistic from all that is being said. Given the huge losses incurred by clubs, there will be an inevitable hit on budgets.

Let's hope they spend more if the right players become available - would be a bonus. But right now we have the prospect of a second wave of this plague and more beyond. Understandable they may not to spend too much given the likely hit on revenue streams

“More than £20m” means exactly that. A could be quite a lot more than £20m!

If it is not 60m+ then it is an immediate return to the Chumps league. Blades had a solid squad and spend 60m+. Villa needed a rebuild and spent 140m and scraped staying up. It is naive to think major investment won't be necessary to stay in the PL. Spending 60m+ will mean the slight ability to compete for 17th. Minimal investment and thinking Slav can do it will just result in a season like Norwich just had

Blades spent £45m and then bought Sander Berge in January for £17m when they knew they were safe from relegation.

McBurnie £17m
Mousset £10m
Robinson £7m
Freeman £5m
Osborn £3.5m
Henderson Loan £2.5m

Of the permanent transfers, only McBurnie has really featured most weeks.
(07-31-2020, 09:25 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Can someone confirm when Lepko became ITK again? I thought he was still slating the club on social media at any opportunity?

I’d love Morelos... mad as a box of frogs, but is that high energy, hard working, horrible bastard of a striker we need.  Charlie Adam is urging them to sell him for £8m... let’s do it Big Grin

In fairness the one good thing about Rangers is that they’d probably be open to Burke! £10m + Burke and throw in Harper on loan!

I'm guessing only Jenkins, Dowlng & the board really know how much we have to spend, & I really don't think it's in their best interests to broadcast that sum to all & sundry, therefore I seriously doubt Lepko or Percy have a clue on the figure available.
(07-31-2020, 10:16 AM)Psalm23 Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 09:25 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Can someone confirm when Lepko became ITK again? I thought he was still slating the club on social media at any opportunity?

I’d love Morelos... mad as a box of frogs, but is that high energy, hard working, horrible bastard of a striker we need.  Charlie Adam is urging them to sell him for £8m... let’s do it Big Grin

In fairness the one good thing about Rangers is that they’d probably be open to Burke! £10m + Burke and throw in Harper on loan!

I'm guessing only Jenkins, Dowlng & the board really know how much we have to spend, & I really don't think it's in their best interests to broadcast that sum to all & sundry, therefore I seriously doubt Lepko or Percy have a clue on the figure available.
Is right. If we could sign the loanees and spend appropriately on a striker we'll have done all right. Our squad is ok strong and the footballing world--like the rest of the globe-- topsy turvy, with income streams like chalk bournes.

They chased Tulloch very hard. He went up there and met everyone before committing to us. They also wanted Harper a while back. A deal could be struck for Morelos with those two going the other way on loan as a sweetener.
(07-31-2020, 10:20 AM)Babel Wrote:

Is right. If we could sign the loanees and spend appropriately on a striker we'll have done all right. Our squad is ok strong and the footballing world--like the rest of the globe-- topsy turvy, with income streams like chalk bournes.

You really think our current squad and a new striker and we'll have done alright?
(07-31-2020, 10:51 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:

You really think our current squad and a new striker and we'll have done alright?
I think we'd struggle to stay up, but might manage it.
Maybe the longer term strategy is our survival as a financially strong football club?
Mail today says we are after 2 new keepers, Stephen Benda from Swansea one of them. Perhaps Slav has seen the light...
(07-31-2020, 10:51 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:

If we sign Pereira, Krov, Robinson, and Dia on perms we will have spent somewhere around 30 mill. 20 on a striker would be about right. That's 50 all in, and I'm sure I'm being overly optimistic. So that would class as alright. It's also important to note that younger players and academicians tend to improve, so we shouldn't need to buy ourselves out of trouble.
Get the knives out we’re into August with the season about to start and we have had no signings. Bloody hell I'm sorry forgot there was a pandemic and we’ve only just finished the season. Well at this time of year fans are normally pulling there hair out over the lack of signings, but this year we have an excuse. Or do we !!!.
(08-02-2020, 12:34 PM)wba13 Wrote: Get the knives out we’re into August with the season about to start and we have had no signings. Bloody hell I'm sorry forgot there was a pandemic and we’ve only just finished the season. Well at this time of year fans are normally pulling there hair out over the lack of signings, but this year we have an excuse.    Or do we !!!.

No we don't.

We need to strengthen otherwise we'll get relegated.