WBA For sale
Have to say I thought Man City embarrassed them first half, as good a performance I've seen from any PL team in recent years. 2nd half Wolves played really well and missed some great chances before getting caught out very late on.

I've seen many of those games listed and Wolves' 2nd half performance was better than anything we've managed. The 2-3 at home was the game we will 3-0 down after about 15 mins and the game was over. Wolves do seem to have the sign over Man City though, did the double over them last season.

Back to us, just a genuine owner who takes an interest and is prepared to, should the worst happen, cover any deficit on the odd deal here or there. In our current position maybe someone who would sanction a £20m forward to improve our chances of staying up, even if it was security\PG on a bank loan. If the player succeeds but we fail he could always be sold to repay the loan. That's not too high an expectation of any owner who is remotely engaged and hardly pushing the boat out.
(09-23-2020, 03:32 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 03:10 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 03:04 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Is there a single team that we have a worst record against in The Prem years?

Certainly not since their takeover. We’ve gotten wins at Old Trafford, Anfield, WHL, The Emirates in the last decade and have beaten Chelsea a couple of times at home (and were robbed by a Seal at the Bridge).

I think a Boxing Day 0-0 is all we have to show for the last ten years against City.

Think we beat them under Mowbray when Mark Hughes was just beginning their financial spunkfest.

Think Bednar scored at the death, remember it as I was doing Fanzone that day, and the City fan was probably the only man who felt Chris Foy was more inept than me.

Was that under the dodgy Thai bloke or when the Arabs started to get involved?
(09-23-2020, 03:44 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 03:32 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 03:10 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 03:04 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Is there a single team that we have a worst record against in The Prem years?

Certainly not since their takeover. We’ve gotten wins at Old Trafford, Anfield, WHL, The Emirates in the last decade and have beaten Chelsea a couple of times at home (and were robbed by a Seal at the Bridge).

I think a Boxing Day 0-0 is all we have to show for the last ten years against City.

Think we beat them under Mowbray when Mark Hughes was just beginning their financial spunkfest.

Think Bednar scored at the death, remember it as I was doing Fanzone that day, and the City fan was probably the only man who felt Chris Foy was more inept than me.

Was that under the dodgy Thai bloke or when the Arabs started to get involved?

Think that was the first season under the Arabs... Sven was in charge during Shinawatra’s spell in charge, and it was definitely Mark Hughes who was in the dugout that day. 

Don’t think their chequebook was in full flow judging by the side that day though... 

Hart, Zabaleta, Richards, Dunne, Ball, Wright-Phillips, Ireland, Kompany, Fernandes, Mwaruwari (Caicedo 58), Vassell.
Duffers! Duffers! Duffers! It was 3-1 on Monday, Duffers.
(09-23-2020, 03:54 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: Duffers! Duffers! Duffers! It was 3-1 on Monday, Duffers.

There’s some sneaky editing going on here...
If the 800,000 on Facebook bought £500 shares, that would raise £400m.

£150m to purchase the club - £50m ground improvements to take capacity to 35k and 200m on players to compete for CL. 

Nurse!!!!  Big Grin
(09-23-2020, 03:57 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 03:54 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: Duffers! Duffers! Duffers! It was 3-1 on Monday, Duffers.

There’s some sneaky editing going on here...

Not exactly what I'd consider to be sneaky - Openly admitted to editing it in my previous post: 

[Image: tongue.png]  Good spot - Edited for you!
(09-23-2020, 04:01 PM)Hopalong Wrote: If the 800,000 on Facebook bought £500 shares, that would raise £400m.

£150m to purchase the club - £50m ground improvements to take capacity to 35k and 200m on players to compete for CL. 

Nurse!!!!  Big Grin

We tried that before, and myself and many others sunk £500 in to purchase shares and help.

Jeremy then bought them back off us, before selling out for £150M. I've done my bit, and been shit on before.
Serious question: would JP be welcomed back as owner? He rubbed some people up the wrong way i know. But he was also in charge for our best period since the late 70's.
Masi was discussing on the podcast whether we’d accept Red Bull buying the team and renaming it RB West Brom!

Gotta be honest and say I’d accept it if it meant they’d be ploughing £££ into the team.