Sunday - Do or Die IMO
The level of effort and organisation, not the result, is what Slav should be judged on. If the result is crucial to him surviving then it's ridiculous, we can't be expecting to win the game.

That said there's no point in players raising their game for Chelsea and Spurs if they're going to play like they did against lesser opposition and potential winnable games.

I said a few years back we are mentally weak, the last relegation season showed that when the players only put a performance in when we were all but relegated. Most of those have gone now, but last season showed the frailties towards any form of pressure again. Livermore is one I feel struggles with this more than most.

I suspect this is Slav's weakness too, he's hot-headed and seems to wear his heart on his sleeve. That's not a good trait when dealing in pressured environments.
We have to believe and generate some positive vibes. Come on you Baggies!
Depressing reading these posts.
Our only chance of survival is sticking together. Right through the club down to us fans. The quality is not enough but the spirit might be.
And for me that means backing the manager. We knew before the season started that there'd be many defeats. 
Albion never seem capable of thinking long term.
Sack Bilic and what?
This year's Pulis or pardew I guess. That'd go well.
It makes no difference if the fans back billic or not there are no fans in the stadium its up to the players to grow some bollocks..... I fear they are a bunch of fanny's

Chooooon!
(11-04-2020, 12:04 PM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote: Depressing reading these posts.
Our only chance of survival is sticking together. Right through the club down to us fans. The quality is not enough but the spirit might be.
And for me that means backing the manager. We knew before the season started that there'd be many defeats. 
Albion never seem capable of thinking long term.
Sack Bilic and what?
This year's Pulis or pardew I guess. That'd go well.

When the manager/coach bewails the lack of effort and enterprise of his own players, that is the fish rotting from the head down.

No other club has seen fit to think "long term" with Slav.

Your concern about replacement with Puls or Pardew isn't the point.  It's the rotting fish.
(11-04-2020, 12:08 PM)Duffers Wrote:

Chooooon!

Think my favourite from them is "Northern Lights" but maybe that's for another day if I get up at 4am or something.
Difficult to know what to expect from Sunday. I always want the Albion to win. A good performance will be encouraging regardless of the result. It's too early in the season for any one match to be pivotal, and certainly not one against a top four side. So it does all come down to how the match affects Bilic's tenure as manager. At least it's not another Monday tea-time event.
We're going to be slaughtered.

Sorry I really can't see anything else. Putting Kane in my fantasy team along with Son.

Can see a brace or hat trick for both.
Have a feeling your going to be wrong Birdman Albion v Spuds is nearly always close. I’m not saying we will win but it will be closer than you predict.