Slav ?
(12-06-2020, 02:04 PM)Sliced Wrote: No way, it's not his fault that Pereira fucked up. The result is very different with 10 men.

I don't agree for two reasons, one i don't think Perreria was at fault.

But more pertinent to this thread, as hard as it is to have to accept this. What happened second half could easily have happened if it had been 11 v 11. Game after game this season we have capitulated second half, in terms of an attacking threat. Last week with a full compliment we gave Sheff Utd 3 guilt edge chances to score in the second half, they spurned them, Palace didn't.
(12-06-2020, 04:25 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(12-06-2020, 02:04 PM)Sliced Wrote: No way, it's not his fault that Pereira fucked up. The result is very different with 10 men.

But more pertinent to this thread, as hard as it is to have to accept this. What happened second half could easily have happened if it had been 11 v 11. Game after game this season we have capitulated second half, in terms of an attacking threat. Last week with a full compliment we gave Sheff Utd 3 guilt edge chances to score in the second half, they spurned them, Palace didn't.

Sadly your spot on you cant keep giving established Prem teams 4 or 5 gilt egded chances each game and hope to get a result, we got away with in the main in the chump but Prem strikers are far far more clinical, we need to wise up and quickly. The only advantage of sacking Billic as far as I can see is however took over may we get us a lot more organised especially at the back and you don't have to resort to Pullisball to do it either imho.

+1

(12-06-2020, 03:48 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(12-06-2020, 02:29 PM)Madness Wrote: I would get rid now.

You’ve a very apt username then!

This thread is like a football phone in where fans with goldfish style memories call for the sack because of a bad day and all reasonable fans wince as Wayne from Oldbury bleats away and then offers no good alternatives. 

Ridiculously harsh decision that sending off. Our best player too. If the heads dropped in the 2nd half I’m not one bit surprised.

Let’s stop trying the the board Captain Sensible and have a little think about results over the last year, the fragilities and some of the decisions made. Yes, we’re working on a limited budget but we’ve had teams on a level with this one who have been drilled defensively and put their bodies on the line to keep the ball out of the net.
(12-06-2020, 04:02 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote:
(12-06-2020, 01:55 PM)ElbowGrease1973 Wrote: I'd still stick with him for now. We're not doing to be able to appoint anyone any better.

Without the sending off, it would have been a very different scoreline, it would be very harsh to sack him in these circumstances.

1-2 or 2-3 I reckon. And we would still have been questioning whether Bilic is up to the job.
I'm not so sure, I think we'd of got something out of the game with 11 on the pitch, but we'll obviously never know.

Ultimately we have a bottom 3 squad, and I think even Roy would struggle to make this squad anything other than that. I don't believe the Manager is the issue, we just don't have the squad to realistically finish anywhere other than the bottom 3. I thought that before the season started, and I've not seen anything to suggest it will be anything different.
I think we will finish 17th with 36 points. We will be ok lads. Chins up.

Win next week against a depleted Newcastle team and it will be 6 points from 3 games.

Rather have 3 points from 2 then 2 points from 2.

We need to move on from heavy defeats.

Great achievement if Slav gets us 17th.
(12-06-2020, 02:09 PM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote:
(12-06-2020, 01:58 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Look at Farke at Norwich. Be realistic and stick with him.
The referee was totally to blame today. This is a hard division with 11 v 11.

Not totally to blame...no excuse for giving up second half.

Where was the leadership? A fletcher type if you like one who wouldn’t let us roll over and get our bellies tickled by Zaha Palace

(12-06-2020, 05:19 PM)Super_Slav Wrote: I think we will finish 17th with 36 points. We will be ok lads. Chins up.

Win next week against a depleted Newcastle team and it will be 6 points from 3 games.

Rather have 3 points from 2 then 2 points from 2.

We need to move on from heavy defeats.

Great achievement if Slav gets us 17th.

36 points  ! Fuck me Ziz you are more deluded than I thought
If the ref or VAR had done their job and awarded a blatant penalty, we could have been 2 1 up even with 10 men, then it could have been a very different game.
Slav's walking the longest mile every other week. Something has to give, and it won't be the bods on top. Firing him will cost. Expect either McInnis or Appleton within a week--the former if there's a fiver down the back of the club sofa and the latter if there's just silver and brass.
(12-06-2020, 05:24 PM)Babel Wrote: Slav's walking the longest mile every other week. Something has to give, and it won't be the bods on top. Firing him will cost. Expect either McInnis or Appleton within a week--the former if there's a fiver down the back of the club sofa and the latter if there's just silver and brass.

A bell Fruit token and a couple of old halfpennies may get us somebody who has been out of work for a while.
(12-06-2020, 04:46 PM)Fido Wrote:

+1

(12-06-2020, 03:48 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(12-06-2020, 02:29 PM)Madness Wrote: I would get rid now.

You’ve a very apt username then!

This thread is like a football phone in where fans with goldfish style memories call for the sack because of a bad day and all reasonable fans wince as Wayne from Oldbury bleats away and then offers no good alternatives. 

Ridiculously harsh decision that sending off. Our best player too. If the heads dropped in the 2nd half I’m not one bit surprised.

Let’s stop trying the the board Captain Sensible and have a little think about results over the last year, the fragilities and some of the decisions made. Yes, we’re working on a limited budget but we’ve had teams on a level with this one who have been drilled defensively and put their bodies on the line to keep the ball out of the net.
You can draw lines in the sand, look at results etc, and make stats do heaps of things, but the biggest stat is we finished 2nd and got promoted under him. It’s a massive massive thing.
The previous 3 decent performances are now obliterated to some because of 45 mins of us having 10 v 11 with our best player missing. 
Sorry about trying to be calm and objective. Maybe I should wail and whine like some of those who will have calmed down tomorrow.