Whose to blame?
(12-06-2020, 08:57 PM)RonnieWallwork Wrote:
(12-06-2020, 08:49 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(12-06-2020, 08:47 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: We are not going to beat Newcastle.

I'm not sure who we can beat, other than Sheffield United.

Utter tripe Birdman.

For 34 minutes today we were excellent. Had it been 11 v 11 we could potentially have won.

Admittedly we capitulated second half with the 10 men.
Did you not watch the first 8 min!? Excellent? No we weren’t

Ziz reminds me of Alecan’s famous “we did well until they scored” comments when we got thrashed 6–1 by Fulham and they scored after 90 seconds.
(12-06-2020, 08:53 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(12-06-2020, 08:51 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(12-06-2020, 08:51 PM)Duffers Wrote:

Utter tripe Birdman.

For 34 minutes today we were excellent. Had it been 11 v 11 we could potentially have won.

Have you considered a career in politics Ziz?

Yes

Raving looney party

They wouldn't have him. Ziz is purely Beyonce sanitiser.
This season was going to be tough enough, what with a squad that just about finished second, the lack of time to prepare, the small transfer budget (compared to others). Add to that we are being treated as second-class citizens by the officials and media. All this added up and it is a near impossible job to keep us in the league.

Would changing the manager keep us up? Not without spending a lot in the Jan window. Is that going to happen under the current ownership? Extremely doubtful.

Would changing the manager make us more competitive, and give us a good chance to bounce straight back? Depends who it is.

But the sad reality is that these days we (and any other club) would need to spend £100m+ immediately following promotion to have a realistic chance of staying up, no matter who your manager is.

We are not able to do this, so the best we can hope for is to build a squad capable of staying up over 3-4yrs, and hope we bounce straight back every time until the next 'great escape' season.
(12-06-2020, 09:01 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(12-06-2020, 08:57 PM)RonnieWallwork Wrote:

Utter tripe Birdman.

Did you not watch the first 8 min!? Excellent? No we weren’t

Ziz reminds me of Alecan’s famous “we did well until they scored” comments when we got thrashed 6–1 by Fulham and they scored after 90 seconds.

The players were that hungover, 90 seconds must have felt like 30 minutes.
(12-06-2020, 09:07 PM)MrFizz Wrote: This season was going to be tough enough, what with a squad that just about finished second, the lack of time to prepare, the small transfer budget (compared to others). Add to that we are being treated as second-class citizens by the officials and media. All this added up and it is a near impossible job to keep us in the league.

Would changing the manager keep us up? Not without spending a lot in the Jan window. Is that going to happen under the current ownership? Extremely doubtful.

Would changing the manager make us more competitive, and give us a good chance to bounce straight back? Depends who it is.

But the sad reality is that these days we (and any other club) would need to spend £100m+ immediately following promotion to have a realistic chance of staying up, no matter who your manager is.

We are not able to do this, so the best we can hope for is to build a squad capable of staying up over 3-4yrs, and hope we bounce straight back every time until the next 'great escape' season.

Yep.!!!
Sorry but we did not play excellent at any time. We did OK for a spell in the first half.
You can see the summit but you can't reach it
It's the last piece of the puzzle but you just can't make it fit
Doctor says you're cured but you still feel the pain
Aspirations in the clouds but your hopes go down the drain

No one ever is to blame. Howard Jones said that
(12-06-2020, 09:15 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: You can see the summit but you can't reach it

No one ever is to blame.  Howard Jones said that
Weirdly I was singing that as I read the thread. It’s a very decent song.
(12-06-2020, 09:48 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(12-06-2020, 09:15 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: You can see the summit but you can't reach it

His best in my opinion
(12-06-2020, 10:06 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote:
(12-06-2020, 09:48 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:

His best in my opinion
Strangely I played the song this weekend. 
I actually helped him load his van once when he was at Ronnie Scott’s in the mid 90s.