Poor referring or something..
More sinister?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55131356

That article has a very telling line in it.   I’m paraphrasing  “The top clubs feel it’s unfair that clubs get a say even if they might be in the PL in 12 months”.

When refs are giving decisions is this their thought process too, it’s clearly being discussed as an issue that the top clubs want addressing. 

It used to feel a bit small time moaning about poor decisions, but I just can’t find an explanation as to why these decisions can be reviewed by a second ref and still be given.  The ManU penalty award is possibly the worst for me, it’s a clear foul 2, maybe 3, seconds before the penalty award. 

Shit ref, institutional bias or real pressure being applied by the top clubs (directly and indirectly)?
The 'big 6' should just feck off an leave English football for the English football fans. I don't give a flying one who supports us in other countries.

It is kind of conspiracy theoryesque to note that since all these talks happened and Man U were struggling the amount of decisions that seem to have gone for them, Maguire's non red Pereira-esqu 'kick out', overturned penalties against, etc... easy to see why in combination it could be seen as being linked to these talks.

Just tell them to feck off and go and play pointless Euro trash competitions all they like.
The VAR has been exploited and is now a new destroyer of the game. It's not the Video itself, it's the corrupt officials hiding behind it. Turn it off.
We had all this in 2002-03 under Megson. A similar feel this season. As a squad not enough quality to compete in the Prem. Constant bizarre decisions by officials going against us.
As I recall the club and or Megson wrote to the Premier League highlighting the numerous decisions that had gone against us. We ended the season dressed as referees at the end of season party at Blackburn. Giant yellow and red cards dished out to all.
(12-07-2020, 09:17 AM)Remi_Moses Wrote: The VAR has been exploited and is now a new destroyer of the game. It's not the Video itself, it's the corrupt officials hiding behind it. Turn it off.

Exactly... If a ref has made a decision (yellow for MP, or a penalty) and there's not an unexpected complaint from the players (Man U knew it was a pen, Palace didn't call for anything against MP) then the chances are that the ref has made the right / acceptable decision (it's not always about being right). VAR reviews are not needed in those instances.

I've always thought 2 manager review calls, per half max in cases like this, leave it to the people there and not some faceless overlords...
(12-07-2020, 09:19 AM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: We had all this in 2002-03 under Megson. A similar feel this season. As a squad not enough quality to compete in the Prem. Constant bizarre decisions by officials going against us.
As I recall the club and ir Megson wrote to the Premier League highlighting the numerous decisions that had gone against us. We ended the season dressed as referees at the end of season party at Blackburn. Giant yellow and red cards dished out to all.

Yeah, but back then the refs correct decisions weren't being told to be reviewed by some faceless wonders...Also, whilst decisions always go against the smaller clubs, we just were totally unprepared for a Premiership season back then too. This time, we were much better prepared and would likely have another 3 - 6 points on the board if it weren't for these 'reviews', ordered from upon high.
There has always been an issue of bigger clubs getting decisions but it now goes far deeper than that. VAR introduction firstly showed the incompetence of officials, now we are the evidence of the corruption of officials. In a season where we needed some luck to stay up the opposite has proven true and like you say we would be clear of the bottom 3 but for corrupt officials.

What makes it worse if the lack of fight in us - Everton, Fulham and yesterday prime examples. It’s only going to end one way this season
(12-07-2020, 09:29 AM)dpb2002 Wrote: There has always been an issue of bigger clubs getting decisions but it now goes far deeper than that. VAR introduction firstly showed the incompetence of officials, now we are the evidence of the corruption of officials. In a season where we needed some luck to stay up the opposite has proven true and like you say we would be clear of the bottom 3 but for corrupt officials.

What makes it worse if the lack of fight in us - Everton, Fulham and yesterday prime examples. It’s only going to end one way this season

Yep, fight and fitness seem to be massively lacking from this squad compared to Megson's first one.
(12-07-2020, 09:29 AM)dpb2002 Wrote: There has always been an issue of bigger clubs getting decisions but it now goes far deeper than that. VAR introduction firstly showed the incompetence of officials, now we are the evidence of the corruption of officials. In a season where we needed some luck to stay up the opposite has proven true and like you say we would be clear of the bottom 3 but for corrupt officials.

From the very first encounter we had with VAR in the FA cup win at Liverpool it was clear that heaven and hell would be turned inside out to try and produce decisions to benefit the 'bigger' club. It didn't quite go to plan that day as we just kept on scoring (!) but events during recent games have left me feeling certain beyond doubt that there's an agenda. Telling that there wasn't a single incident worthy of microscopic review during our game v Sheff.U. Like us, they don't count.
(12-07-2020, 10:20 AM)DemonicBaggie Wrote:

From the very first encounter we had with VAR in the FA cup win at Liverpool it was clear that heaven and hell would be turned inside out to try and produce decisions to benefit the 'bigger' club. It didn't quite go to plan that day as we just kept on scoring (!) but events during recent games have left me feeling certain beyond doubt that there's an agenda. Telling that there wasn't a single incident worthy of microscopic review during our game v Sheff.U. Like us, they don't count.

this ^ f*ck var F8ck the premier league.