Serious question....
After watching Button today, if we were offered £12-£15m for Johnstone this week to raise extra cash to strengthen the team would you take it?

I think I probably would.
(01-16-2021, 05:39 PM)Pragmatist Wrote: After watching Button today, if we were offered £12-£15m for Johnstone this week to raise extra cash to strengthen the team would you take it?

I think I probably would.

I personally would.

I think that’s the plan too hence signing of Lonergan.
Button certainly commands his area much better. But one game doesnt give us a full picture
I wouldn’t consider it myself. A lot is made about Johnstone only having 18 months on his deal, but if we stay up you’d have to think we could sort out a new deal, and if not then we should still get a decent fee back which could help fund a promotion push with Button and Palmer a decent pair of options in the 2nd tier.

Button did well today and is a good Premier League number two. He’s more than capable of coming in and doing a job over every now and then, but if he was good enough to be a regular number one at this level he would have been by now.

Keep Sam, add whoever we can around him and see what happens.
(01-16-2021, 05:46 PM)coxy134 Wrote: Button certainly commands his area much better. But one game doesnt give us a full picture

Really?
I didn't see that today.
Everyone has their price. But it'd have to be serious money, with new signings lined up.
Sam's a top GK, Button looks adequate though.
(01-16-2021, 05:49 PM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote:
(01-16-2021, 05:46 PM)coxy134 Wrote: Button certainly commands his area much better. But one game doesnt give us a full picture

Really?
I didn't see that today.

He was yelling his lungs out at one stage, telling his defenders to leave etc.
No, Sam been excellent.
Hard to judge Button on today. Johnstone has been our player of the season.

If say Brighton offered £10m plus Ryan and it allowed us to bring in Choudhury, Tomkins, Kenny and King, yes as we'd be competitive and give it a real go.
If a serious offer is on the table and the deals are all lined up to spend the sales receipts on the additions we need then it has my support.

Hopefully we then prevail in the PL and then sign Heaton from the seals as our new first choice in the summer. If not, Button will be fine in the champ.