Snoddo no playing tonight.
(01-19-2021, 08:32 PM)fbaggy Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 08:32 PM)baggie_ray Wrote: I am sure there have been a few instances of transfers where the player being sold is not allowed to play against his former club that season. Has a rule now been brought in to prevent this type of " agreement" from happening?

yes in 2007

That's a bummer. I suppose the club knew that rule? 

And Allardyce? Stupid to mention it if so!
(01-19-2021, 08:36 PM)Peachy Wrote: Fucking pathetic. Should have just said he picked up a slight knock. End of.

Idiots....
Yep , even our very own twatter account said what BFS spoke about pre game
Sam Allardyce in trouble for being honest. You couldn’t make it up!
It seems there is no written protocol by the Premier league. It's apparently just their wish that this sort of thing doesn't happen.

It'll be a slap on the wrists I'd imagine.
I know it's a good while back but Man Utd and Newcastle had such an agreement when they played each other in 1995 just after Andy Cole and Keith Gillespie had swapped clubs. Neither player played in that game.
(01-19-2021, 08:39 PM)Pragmatist Wrote: Sam Allardyce in trouble for being honest.  You couldn’t make it up!

Arf
(01-19-2021, 08:43 PM)dublinalbion Wrote: I know it's a good while back but Man Utd and Newcastle had such an agreement when they played each other in 1995 just after Andy Cole and Keith Gillespie had swapped clubs. Neither player played in that game.
It was prevalent in the 90s but not heard of a club doing it in ages.
So, is this our ‘taxi gate’ moment of this season? Ffs.
(01-19-2021, 08:25 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: Breaking the rules is fine, this is completely meaningless.

But why the hell didn't Allardyce just lie? Just say that we're easing him into things due to lack of games.

And then the story is all over the media? 

Five minutes after the team was announced a 'source' confirmed there was an agreement.  

What I want to know is does the 'agreement' apply to both games?  if so the Prem will overturn it.

What a bunch of twats West Ham are but no doubt there has been some financial consideration in the fee we paid (not a brown envelope!).
(01-19-2021, 09:17 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 08:25 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: Breaking the rules is fine, this is completely meaningless.

But why the hell didn't Allardyce just lie? Just say that we're easing him into things due to lack of games.

And then the story is all over the media? 

Five minutes after the team was announced a 'source' confirmed there was an agreement.  

What I want to know is does the 'agreement' apply to both games?  if so the Prem will overturn it.

What a bunch of twats West Ham are but no doubt there has been some financial consideration in the fee we paid (not a brown envelope!).

Moyes confirmed post match that we didn't pay a fee for him