Don't get involved
Rough pubs obvs raise your risk but it could happen anywhere. I never thought The Clifton was rough in terms of clientele.
I can't watch that video.
I've spent a lifetime drinking in rough pubs and things most certainly have changed. I can't imagine this happening without someone (one of the six should), telling them to leave off. Doesn't that happen anymore? I normally do a bit of a circuit so I'm familiar with many pubs but one night, about 2 or 3 years ago, I popped back to a regular haunt much later than normal and on my own. The place was filled with 20 to 30 year olds absolutely coked out of their heads. That cheap shitty coke appears the least enjoyable drug I can imagine, then washed down with weak shots. Spaced out eyes, all talking loudly at the same time and invulnerability appears to be the effect.
I couldn't either, I don't want to see a man's last moments, partic when taken so brutally and senselessly.
(05-13-2021, 01:34 PM)Bortolazzi's Barnet Wrote: Rough pubs obvs raise your risk but it could happen anywhere. I never thought The Clifton was rough in terms of clientele.

I'm fairly sure someone on here recommended The Clifton as a decent pub before an all-dayer we had in Birmingham about three years ago. I think we went there. Does it have a fairly big beer garden round the back?
(05-13-2021, 07:01 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 01:34 PM)Bortolazzi's Barnet Wrote: Rough pubs obvs raise your risk but it could happen anywhere. I never thought The Clifton was rough in terms of clientele.

I'm fairly sure someone on here recommended The Clifton as a decent pub before an all-dayer we had in Birmingham about three years ago. I think we went there. Does it have a fairly big beer garden round the back?

Are you mixing the Clifton up with the Lord Clifden in the Jewellery Quarter? Not sure why you'd head out to Sedgley when you were in Brum.
(05-13-2021, 07:22 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:

Are you mixing the Clifton up with the Lord Clifden in the Jewellery Quarter? Not sure why you'd head out to Sedgley when you were in Brum.

Ah yeah. That rings a bell. We got there in a taxi and by that time I could have been in Outer Mongolia for all I knew.  Big Grin
Heart breaking & sickening 

Why does these type of incidents keep happening?

Are these lads just insensitive to doing this?

Is it down to TV music video games etc to blame that they can not distinguish between fantasy & reality 

Acting like a pack of wild animals

What should society do to prevent this

How many more innocent lives will be lost as a result of these?

Laughing in court whilst in trial for murder 

Another common modern day occurrence 

Lets have a debate
(05-13-2021, 07:26 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:

Ah yeah. That rings a bell. We got there in a taxi and by that time I could have been in Outer Mongolia for all I knew.  Big Grin

As if we’d recommend a pub for Stokies to go to, where you’d stand a good chance of getting battered  Rolleyes 

I can recall the recommendations, and it was The Lord Clifton in the Jewellery Quarter that was suggested along with the Old Contemptibles along with the advice to keep away from Broad St.
I told you I’ll be back
(05-13-2021, 07:51 PM)Pipkins Wrote: Heart breaking & sickening 

Is it down to TV music video games etc to blame that they can not distinguish between fantasy & reality 

Lets have a debate

Honestly I am lost on this one.

There is an argument (a weak one) that it was a booze or drug fuelled attack, a one off.

But the court antics suggest that they are just 6 pieces of shit that in other countries would be "put down". 

How on Earth did they end up so depraved and what brought them together?
(05-14-2021, 07:50 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 07:26 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:

As if we’d recommend a pub for Stokies to go to, where you’d stand a good chance of getting battered  Rolleyes 

I can recall the recommendations, and it was The Lord Clifton in the Jewellery Quarter that was suggested along with the Old Contemptibles along with the advice to keep away from Broad St.

That advice was from me and very impressive you remembered it. Still sound advice Broad Street is a poop hole and has been since the late 90s.

(05-14-2021, 07:58 AM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 07:51 PM)Pipkins Wrote: Heart breaking & sickening 

Lets have a debate

Honestly I am lost on this one.

There is an argument (a weak one) that it was a booze or drug fuelled attack, a one off.

But the court antics suggest that they are just 6 pieces of shit that in other countries would be "put down". 

How on Earth did they end up so depraved and what brought them together?

Lack of decent parenting
Complete disregard for society (someone told me it doesn’t exist)
The cultural acceptance that getting absolutely hammered and high is what us Brits do
The ‘gangsta’ culture that kids without any guidance think is aspirational