Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanting your team to lose
(09-17-2016, 09:05 AM)P_K Wrote: I remStatham'sen we equalised against Bolton away a few seasons back and it kept Villa up (we were safe and going no higher.) That pissed me off. But that's the only time.

(09-17-2016, 09:10 AM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(09-17-2016, 09:03 AM)Johnny_Rep Wrote: I was heartbroken when we lost at your place to relegate Leeds .

Dodgy

Spoke to a few of your fans that night before the match and most of them wanted us to win. Different circumstances I know. I don't think your players were exactly giving it their all either. A fun night all round.

I've got Statham's shirt from that match.
(09-17-2016, 09:17 AM)Johnny_Rep Wrote:
(09-17-2016, 09:03 AM)Johnny_Rep Wrote: I was heartbroken when we lost at your place to relegate Leeds .

Dodgy

Spoke to a few of your fans that night before the match and most of them wanted us to win. Different circumstances I know. I don't think your players were exactly giving it their all either. A fun night all round.

If us losing meant relegating a rival or some shithouse club like Leeds , it wouldn't bother me in the slightest . In fact , i'd positively welcome it as it'd mean playing a greater role in their demise  Smile

As long as the game wasn't important for us obviously .

Leeds fans condemned their club with their actions at your place the week before. I remember listening to the match between you and Leeds on the radio. As soon as their fans started causing ructions I thought it could only benefit us.
No I could never want the Albion to lose. Especially not for the reason of getting rid of a manager. Surely what we actually want is things to improve regardless of who's managing the team, so a win is always welcome.

The closest I ever came to that was a few seasons ago when we lost to Wigan, which put Villa in more danger. I didn't want us to lose, far from it, but when we did I wasn't too disappointed.
I wouldn't care if Adolf Hitler was in charge , I would never ever want us to lose, with one exception, if it meant Villa were relegated by that outcome.
(09-17-2016, 09:17 AM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(09-17-2016, 09:05 AM)P_K Wrote: I remStatham'sen we equalised against Bolton away a few seasons back and it kept Villa up (we were safe and going no higher.) That pissed me off. But that's the only time.

Dodgy

I've got Statham's shirt from that match.

How did that happen?
Hate watching us lose so would never want it to happen.
At any other stage of the season other than post mathematical safety it's total lunacy.
Never ever wants us to lose. There have been times I'm not too bothered if we do. Today isn't one of them despite my complete intolerance of Pulis.

Come on Baggies!
Given our impending fixtures today is a game where 3 points are almost a must. Pulis will be gone in the near future regardless of today's result I think. Whilst the thought of him being sacked Monday will numb the pain of defeat, I want 3 points today regardless of implications for the manager!
(09-17-2016, 09:27 AM)bangalorebaggie Wrote: I wouldn't care if Adolf Hitler was in charge , I would never ever want us to lose, with one exception, if it meant Villa were relegated by that outcome.

At least Hitler attacks.