Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now i have permission from an Administrator on the board - here goes!!
(01-14-2017, 07:54 AM)Foo Fighters Wrote:
(01-14-2017, 06:54 AM)Fido Wrote: JFair fuggs to the lad. He's done something a bit different and is using social media to promote. Isn't that what everyone's doing nowadays?  There have been enough football publications that are utter pulp (like our very own Chiles' offering) so give the lad a break. That said if I buy it and it's pap I will hunt him down like a fuggin ninja ?

I was responding to his claim that sales figures showed his book was funny.

Perhaps the next message board he goes on he won't make such a bold statement that all the fans will like what he is about to post.

I genuinely now see where I went wrong. I had wondered why there was such negativity. You're right, the original post on the other thread was too bold. Apologies.
At least the gentleman has had the dedication to create something. I have no idea why there is the need to take the piss. Those that can do, those that can't take the piddle!
(01-14-2017, 08:27 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: At least the gentleman has had the dedication to create something. I have no idea why there is the need to take the piss. Those that can do, those that can't take the piddle!

I think you'll find the phrase is "teach"
(01-14-2017, 08:42 AM)Foo Fighters Wrote:
(01-14-2017, 08:27 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: At least the gentleman has had the dedication to create something. I have no idea why there is the need to take the piss. Those that can do, those that can't take the piddle!

I think you'll find the phrase is "teach"

I know it's an adaptation for this board only.

Totally agree.
Is there an audio version for those of us that can't read?
(01-14-2017, 10:20 AM)P_K Wrote: Is there an audio version for those of us that can't read?

Not yet mate, it is being looked into though.
(01-14-2017, 10:31 AM)rejected Wrote:
(01-14-2017, 10:20 AM)P_K Wrote: Is there an audio version for those of us that can't read?

Not yet mate, it is being looked into though.

I've asked you a couple of questions re Sunderland but I don't think you have come out of this thread

http://www.wbaunofficial.org.uk/showthread.php?tid=4980
Note to DK: This is how outsiders normally get treated. You were lucky. I.can only assume you wasn't waving a red rag around.
(01-14-2017, 10:53 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: Note to DK: This is how outsiders normally get treated. You were lucky. I.can only assume you wasn't waving a red rag around.

Big Grin

I was going to post something similar. Looks like I got away lightly. The book reviews are brutal.

I'm still trying to work out whether PK was taking the piss or not. Fairly sure he was. Made me loff anyway.