Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Terry
Remoaner Wrote:Playing devils advocate what's worse, racist comments or turning your back on the national anthem or refusing to wear a poppy?? We also know of McCleans charity work, swings and roundabouts IMO. Like others have said JT is way past his best. I suspect he'll retire.

Racist comments, the other two are choices.
(03-10-2017, 04:37 PM)Duffmon Wrote:
Remoaner Wrote:Playing devils advocate what's worse, racist comments or turning your back on the national anthem or refusing to wear a poppy?? We also know of McCleans charity work, swings and roundabouts IMO. Like others have said JT is way past his best. I suspect he'll retire.

Racist comments, the other two are choices.

Totally agree with you pal, as I said just playing devils advocate. Also none of the players wives would be safe with JT around!
Frank Lampard turned us down as well. 100% ITK.
In the form of his life.
(03-10-2017, 03:06 PM)CitizenSniff Wrote:
(03-10-2017, 02:56 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(03-10-2017, 02:25 PM)Duffmon Wrote: I saw our name mentioned as possible destination when he leaves in the summer.

That would be a season ticket returned for me. On a par with appointing #arrythecunt as manager.

+1.

Sort of signing that would stop me cheering the club for a while. Was a decent, though over rated player in his prime, but always a despicable character.

Friend of mine recently took her poorly child down there as a VIP. Met all of the players. Raved about how much of a fuss Terry and Lampard (who was there as a guest of the club) made of her and other guests. Had pics, autographs, spent ages with them. Obviously its a far cry from the vile character who made racist comments but there is another side to him.
He's a winner too. Only reason I wouldn't want him now is because of his age

Can't excuse the racism and that's that for me. No matter what he does.

As for his ability, we have developed better defenders, Ledley King was twice the player, but didn't have the knees, and for pure ability, Jonathon Woodgate pissed all over him, but again was continually injured. Terry may be a winner, easy in a team that outspent everyone in the world at times.  Was regularly bailed out by Ricardo Carvalho under Mourinho in his first stint there.
Ignoring the fact that he's a massive cunt for a second, there's also the small matter of him barely playing this season and looking terrible when he did. Was it Peterborough they played in the Cup whete he was given the run around by their striker before finally bringing him down and getting sent off?
He was on that new panel show 'Play to the whistle' with Lampard the other week, got the piss took out of him for his FKW antics.
The show itself was pretty shit.
(03-10-2017, 06:58 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(03-10-2017, 03:06 PM)CitizenSniff Wrote:
(03-10-2017, 02:56 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(03-10-2017, 02:25 PM)Duffmon Wrote: I saw our name mentioned as possible destination when he leaves in the summer.

That would be a season ticket returned for me. On a par with appointing #arrythecunt as manager.

+1.

Sort of signing that would stop me cheering the club for a while. Was a decent, though over rated player in his prime, but always a despicable character.

Friend of mine recently took her poorly child down there as a VIP. Met all of the players. Raved about how much of a fuss Terry and Lampard (who was there as a guest of the club) made of her and other guests. Had pics, autographs, spent ages with them. Obviously its a far cry from the vile character who made racist comments but there is another side to him.
He's a winner too. Only reason I wouldn't want him now is because of his age

Can't excuse the racism and that's that for me. No matter what he does.

As for his ability, we have developed better defenders, Ledley King was twice the player, but didn't have the knees, and for pure ability, Jonathon Woodgate pissed all over him, but again was continually injured. Terry may be a winner, easy in a team that outspent everyone in the world at times.  Was regularly bailed out by Ricardo Carvalho under Mourinho in his first stint there.

Sorry but I can't agree with that, (well obviously the racist bit).

Football wise he made his debut in 1998 aged 18 in a 4-1 win over the vile. That alone puts him within god like status! In all seriousness he has played in the Prem for the last 17/18 years, not many players can say as such and won all the top honours.
(03-10-2017, 07:00 PM)Duffmon Wrote: Ignoring the fact that he's a massive cunt for a second, there's also the small matter of him barely playing this season and looking terrible when he did. Was it Peterborough they played in the Cup whete he was given the run around by their striker before finally bringing him down and getting sent off?

Yep. Blamed it on a slip or summert IIRC, basically his legs/knees have gone.

Mildly amusing read: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/7-...ed-9585273
I don't think I will get too concerned until it happens.
(03-10-2017, 07:22 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I don't think I will get too concerned until it happens.

Indeed, still, Gareth McAuley is better than JT.